The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Ryan Callahan, 2020 5th-round pick to Senators for Mike Condon, 2020 6th-round pick

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Is there a team that's worse than the Canucks when it comes to dead cap space? We have Eriksson at 6 mil that we cant get rid of. Spooner buy out at 1mil Luongo cap recapture at 3mil and Sutter who I dont even know if we can get rid of either at 4.4mil who barely played 50% of the games since traded here.. that's 14mil in cap space that we have wasted 

Sutter's not dead cap and neither is Eriksson they helped us get to the 11th best pk in the league 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Is there a team that's worse than the Canucks when it comes to dead cap space? We have Eriksson at 6 mil that we cant get rid of. Spooner buy out at 1mil Luongo cap recapture at 3mil and Sutter who I dont even know if we can get rid of either at 4.4mil who barely played 50% of the games since traded here.. that's 14mil in cap space that we have wasted 

Tor ott just to name 2

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Half the teams have buyouts so sooner doesn't really count

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

There are lots of teams with dead cap space.

34 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Your ridiculous this whole Eriksson thing is ridiculous and the Canuck fan base over reacted like usual 

Eriksson's floating and mouthing off to the medias is ridiculous.  If he has the audacity to show up in camp I hope he's booed out of the building.  There is literally zero reason for this lazy piece of garbage to be wasting ice time that could be given to actual NHLers.  Useless passengers are not welcome here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Personally, I don’t see it. Players like Leivo and Motte play with noticeably more energy and effort than Loui.  They both bring a physical game which is nonexistent with Eriksson. 

I don’t think he’ll be here come training camp. With all the changes to the roster, having Eriksson back would be disruptive. 

I'm fully on board with them moving him, best thing for both sides.  However, the probability of that is very low, imo......in which case, he'll likely be in the lineup.

Leivo is better in a top 6, even top 9 role.......but I think LE is better in a 4th line/defensive role than JL is.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Very few players are elite in the NHL.

Tanev is highly respected by other players in the league however. I remember when asked who the unsung hero was the year that he was a member of Team Canada at the Worlds, three players stated that Chris Tanev was.

The names of those scrubs? Brendan Gallagher, Mark Stone, and Connor McDavid.

wasnt Mcdavid one of them?

Just now, stawns said:

I'm fully on board with them moving him, best thing for both sides.  However, the probability of that is very low, imo......in which case, he'll likely be in the lineup.

Leivo is better in a top 6, even top 9 role.......but I think LE is better in a 4th line/defensive role than JL is.

Fourth liners usually work hard, aren't cowards, and don't have huge attitude issues.  LE is a terrible fit on the 4th (or any) line.  Leivo at least knows his role and isn't one of the softest pansies in the history of the sport.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Yes, says so right in the post you quoted.

think i didnt refresh my cdc for a long time before that was edited in lol, havent checked cdc ina few hours.

Edited by TNucks1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Fourth liners usually work hard, aren't cowards, and don't have huge attitude issues.  LE is a terrible fit on the 4th (or any) line.  Leivo at least knows his role and isn't one of the softest pansies in the history of the sport.

None of those things are actually true.  He might not be worth $6m, but he's still a decent player in a defensive role

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Fair enough. It’s going to be a great season regardless. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

None of those things are actually true.  He might not be worth $6m, but he's still a decent player in a defensive role

So a guy who is one of the first off the ice in practice, refuses to throw any hits, and whines about his role in the media is a good fit for the 4th line?  Sorry , but LE is worse than useless at any price.  The days of soft cupcakes infesting our bottom six with laughably poor efforts are over.  I'd be ok with allowing him to compete for a spot in the press box in camp if he hadn't beaked off to the media and made excuses for refusing to put in the necessary effort to actually belong on an NHL team.  Green should have sent him to the press box far more often last year because the entitled waste of a uniform still doesn't understand that the way he plays the game is simply unacceptable.  Even inviting this locker room cancer to camp is an insult to all the players who actually give a damn and conduct themselves like professionals.

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

All these teams trading basically 'dead' players but good ole buthole Buttman doesn't see that as cap circumvention?  I hope he has a heart attack and dies.

Edit: ok this was a bit extreme as was pointed out. I amended the post on the next page.  ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

I love how every trade thread becomes an Eriksson thread lol

The guy's basically a lazy Megna who makes 6 million a year.  He's going to get blasted whenever it's remotely close to relevant, and it's entirely his own fault.  It's not unreasonable for fans to want to run him out of town; he's the worst Canuck since Messier decided to disgrace the jersey while he floated around the ice here.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

All these teams trading basically 'dead' players but good ole buthole Buttman doesn't see that as cap circumvention?  I hope he has a heart attack and dies.

I mean, I don't like the guy either, but yikes

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The guy's basically a lazy Megna who makes 6 million a year.  He's going to get blasted whenever it's remotely close to relevant, and it's entirely his own fault.  It's not unreasonable for fans to want to run him out of town; he's the worst Canuck since Messier decided to disgrace the jersey while he floated around the ice here.

Damn, worst since Messier? That covers a LOT of bad players!

I'd take Eriksson over like, Isbister or Jeff Cowan! Or Pouliot xD

(Yes I know Cowan was a Canucks legend)

Then again I don't think Isbister or Cowan had a 6M payday but you know, inflation and all that etc.

• Cheers 2