The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Ryan Callahan, 2020 5th-round pick to Senators for Mike Condon, 2020 6th-round pick

24 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

It shouldn't be.

Tune it out...

We don't have to read, or debate articles by Tony Gallagher, or JD burke either.  

Its only a negative drumbeat if you pick up the rhythm. 

Players can't 'tune out' 10 media members asking them difficult questions about Eriksson after every game and all through training camp. And his play vs the competition doesn't warrant the hassle.

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Colorado improved pretty signifigantly after they moved Duchense.  Same with the Islanders and Tavares.  The players are human and it's good to get rid of unwelcome distractions, especially when they don't contribute on the ice.

Colorado improved.

They added Girard, a 2knd guy who could help move the puck to a pretty static D behind Barrie. It could have been part moving Duchesne.  But I think they also added some components which were a limitation until then. 

I don't put the Islanders near 100 goal decrease in goals against down to Tavares leaving at all.  

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Players can't 'tune out' 10 media members asking them difficult questions about Eriksson after every game and all through training camp. And his play vs the competition doesn't warrant the hassle.

Sure they can. 

Milk hot dogs! :wub:

It even has its own meaning in the urban dictionary...

Point being you can take any line of questioning seriously.  Or not...

And you have no obligation to be interviewed in a direction you don't want. A possible answer;

""Eriksson is on our team, till the coach says he's not.  He showed up in great shape, and he's like everyone, trying to make the team better.''

''Any other questions?''

I watched Tyler Myers get, and it was like the 2knd question, ''are you aware of the media circus you got yourself involved in?  Can you live up to the expectations in Vancouver and a contract many say is overpaid?''    He smirked and mentioned something about already having played in a Canadian market. The smirk said, you realize you were dumb enough to be the 1st guy to ask that question? Viewed it as a great place to play hockey, and he would avoid the noise.

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Who said I was going to boo him or consume the media?

I haven't read much about people going to boo him if he hits the ice on opening night. You have brought this up many times though. I don't know if you're trying to encourage it, but you seem adamant that it will happen. There may be a few folks trying to boo, but if the crowd is knowledgeable, they will drown out those fools or simply not participate and it'll wear out quickly. I would be shocked/ashamed if there's was a significant enough crowd booing LE if he earned his spot out of camp.

Media will ask him about it, just like they've been questioning him for 3 seasons. It's going to be no more of a distraction than the media trying to get EP to throw out another "death stare". The media is mostly terrible and that simply isn't going to be any worse than any other years. Again it's the fools that feed these trolls that keep them going. If it's not LE, they'll simply pester someone else.

Benning himself has already stated that the comments made were mild and I'm certain Green has tougher skin to deal with that minor quip. He's under contract and if he isn't dealt, then he's coming to camp and he's going to compete for a spot. If one of the younger, cheaper players indeed knock him out, then he will be waived (as demonstrated already). If he performs better than them, then he's in. We are not desperate to unload his cap and waiving him isn't really saving us more than waiving any other player, so cap reasons alone is not going to dictate where he ends up playing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah I'm not suggesting that Loui would be an active distraction 'on his own'. Fans WILL boo him. The media WILL be constantly asking the players, coaches and management about him, his play, his contract, the booing fans etc. 

You don't see how that could become a distraction to the team? Our crack media will practically ensure it does in fact.

I'd imagine Eriksson, Schaller and Goldobin are on the short list of players expected to be waived/13th F. Unless Leivo shows up in Wellwood shape, there's no chance they waive him over Eriksson.

Why would fans boo him?  What is it, exactly, that he's done to deserve that treatment?  Considering his deployment and ice time, his numbers are decent for the role he has on the team.  The "interview" has been so ridiculously overblown and distorted by the media and fans that it's almost laughable now.  

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I can see it early in camp and exhibition, but why would it continue after that?  They'll find another target to focus the ire of the "fans" on and Loui will quietlt fade into 4th line duty and his 10 mins a night.

17 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Why has this become yet another thread about Eriksson? I mean, i joked about it on the first page but this has gotten obsessive level now lol.

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Weird how a thread about a trade involving Mike Condon and picks for an injured player, becomes a Loui Eriksson thread... 

6 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

I love how every trade thread becomes an Eriksson thread lol

Mods I know we have the Loui Eriksson thread but maybe we need a subforum just until his fate is determined and/or he hits 30 goals for us this season ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BrockBoester said:

Mods I know we have the Loui Eriksson thread but maybe we need a subforum just until his fate is determined and/or he hits 30 goals for us this season ;)

:lol: Yeah let's just cut this one off here and feel free to keep talking about Eriksson here:

I have a feeling we're doing talking about Callahan and Condon.

• Thanks 1

• -AJ- locked this topic