The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] CDC's Top Ten Canucks Prospects (Day 2)

Rate this topic

Top 10 Prospects  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello again! 

Quinn Hughes easily took day one, amassing 107/120 total votes. Who'd'a thunk it. 

No here comes the tricky part. It's widely known that there's a slight drop from our potential #1 D to the rest of our prospects, which makes sense. We have two potential top 10 goalies, a potential #1 RW, a top 2 D,  shrimpy fitness nut, and plenty more to choose from. This could be the toughest of them all, so make sure to think wisely! 

CDC's Top Ten Canucks Prospects 

1. Quinn Hughes - 107/120 (89%) 200.gif

I decided to move this to Canucks Talk since that allows me to make polls. 

Best of luck!

Stamkos :canucks: 

EDIT: If they’re eligible for the Calder trophy, then I’m considering them a prospect. 

Edited by Guest

Podkolzin, I think he has elite potential. I love me some Demko but I think Podkolzin will be the better player overall, it is quite close though. Could go either way. Part of me doesn't even consider Demko a prospect, but I didn't realize he hasn't really played a lot at the NHL level yet. Lol. This one is a toss up. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Took Pod. Because Demko is on the roster, I'm 50/50 on if I'd actually call him a prospect

5 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I put Podkolzin as I think Demko is already in the lineup. Nilsson was given away to make room for him and I think he has already earned it.  

While this is true, Demko is still eligible for the Calder, which is why he’s here. 

Some players on the prospects list have played NHL games so I think there is some debate as to whether they belong on the list.  I'm not advocating for removing any names, I just think that some people won't be voting for Hughes, Demko or DiPietro who infamously played 1 game.

I missed vote 1 but voted for the next best prospect imo, Demko for #2 fwiw

15 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Decided to vote for Juolevi as a show of faith. Along with Hughes, I think he will bring us back to 2011 level transition game.
He's run into injury issues, but I still believe in him.

If he can become who we thought he’d be, that would be a very good looking D-Core. 

Hughes - Tryamkin 

Juolevi - Woo 

Rathbone/UFA - Myers 

Pretty much a Pairing 1A and 1B at that point! 

1 minute ago, Stamkos said:

While this is true, Demko is still eligible for the Calder, which is why he’s here. 

Did not know that...I’ll be sure to vote for him for three if he doesn’t win this round. Sounds like a pretty legit argument to me. 

I don't think Demko should be on the list with the amount of pro games under his belt though I believe he will be our starter for a long period of time.

Podkolzin is my choice, the Bertuzziov of Russia!

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

My vote goes to PutgoalzIn.

Good one!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Did not know that...I’ll be sure to vote for him for three if he doesn’t win this round. Sounds like a pretty legit argument to me. 

Teeechnically you could change your vote if you wanted to

1 minute ago, Stamkos said:

Teeechnically you could change your vote if you wanted to

I’m going to stick to it. I had them both as very close. I think Podz has the ability to be a game breaker (yes this could be shiny new toy syndrome) and used the above noted excuse as a tie breaker but I like to stick to my opinions even when questionable... just ask my wife she will agree with that one. 

4 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I’m going to stick to it. I had them both as very close. I think Podz has the ability to be a game breaker (yes this could be shiny new toy syndrome) and used the above noted excuse as a tie breaker but I like to stick to my opinions even when questionable... just ask my wife she will agree with that one. 

I think Podz could turn into a sort of bigger Pavelski. Not playstyle wise, but dominance wise. 

Maybe not putting in the most points per year, 60-70 annually, but a playoff beast. He’s got the size, skill, desire, ability to do it. 

Edited by Guest
Comma

And you can watch all the Pod highlights you want, but his body of work and history against men is questionable. 

Demko has proven far more at this time. Pod has proven nothing yet, but I'm really looking forward to him becoming the best player in the KHL and becomes our #1 prospect.