The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Missed NHL Moments

Rate this topic

Kragar

On 8/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, debluvscanucks said: So good to see you, welcome back!!   

AND this GIF...that I will never get tired of!  When I did finally get home I was amped....watching the game, my emotional self was "all in".  My daughter caught the moment on video...but got me reacting to it too.  Sitting on the floor right in front of the TV, sobbing.  Hilarious.  I didn't know it until she showed me later.  Glorious.

I had the opportunity to see a playoff game (my first/only ever) that year versus the Hawks...this shot was right before Burr blasted a shot at the glass, knocking my water bottle off the ledge.  Apparently you're not supposed to put stuff there.  Cheeky.

i'm on here everyday early in the morning, or at lunch time .just for short periods . i've been to  joe's  twice lately at his place. I was in smithers on thursdfay morning but was a little to early to stop by. but I owe him a lunch ,I'LL BE BACK!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I had the opportunity to see a playoff game (my first/only ever) versus the Hawks...this shot was right before Burr blasted a shot at the glass, knocking my water bottle off the ledge.  Apparently you're not supposed to put stuff there.  Cheeky.

My first playoff game was against Chicago too, but back in '82 (game 4).  Towel Power brought tears to my eyes, I was so stunned by how the fans came together like that.

I went to a minor league game about 10-12 years ago, in an arena that had the first row of seats as folding chairs,  I was sitting back 3-4 rows in the normal seats.  In walks this woman, long fancy dress and a white (faux?) fur coat and carrying a glass of red wine, and sits in one of those front row seats.  She put the wine on the ledge while she was watching the game.  It only took one good body check into the boards to have her wearing her drink.  Oops!

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2019 at 9:10 PM, goalie13 said:

Mine is not NHL, but close enough...

I worked at Canada Hockey Place for the 2010 Olympics.  As part of my role, sometimes we worked inside, sometimes outside.  For the men's Gold medal game, we had to work outside.

Luckily, there was a huge screen on the side of the Ontario pavilion across the street, so we could keep an eye on the game.  The only problem was, the feed was on about a 6 second delay.  We would hear the arena erupt any time something big happened and then we could turn to see what happened on the big screen.  The day had been kind of dreary, weather wise.  Then, for OT the sun came out and the glare made it close to impossible to see the screen.  We heard the roof come off the arena when Iggy scored, but couldn't see the play on the big screen.

So close to being there, without really being there.

Seems you still haven't seen the goal if you think Iggy scored :gocan:. Tough break!

1994 Missed game 7 against Calgary due to a camping trip planned a while before.  However we listened to it on the radio and it was nail biting action right until the end...we thought nobody was around but when Bure scored in OT we heard others cheering off in the distance, and they heard us, we cheered back and forth for awhile, never forget that.   Got see the game later recorded on the VHS...no regrets 

• Cheers 1

I was working during game 1 of the 2011 Finals, and my entire shift I was keeping very close tabs on the game. When my shift was over, it was still scoreless with less than 5 minutes left. Ran home as fast as I could (lived 15 minutes away), only to come home to find out the game had just ended, and that Torres has just scored with 19 seconds left. I was born the year following the 94 run, and while I was excited that we won, that one did sting a bit as it was my first time seeing my boys in the Finals and I missed it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kragar said:

My first playoff game was against Chicago too, but back in '82 (game 4).  Towel Power brought tears to my eyes, I was so stunned by how the fans came together like that.

I went to a minor league game about 10-12 years ago, in an arena that had the first row of seats as folding chairs,  I was sitting back 3-4 rows in the normal seats.  In walks this woman, long fancy dress and a white (faux?) fur coat and carrying a glass of red wine, and sits in one of those front row seats.  She put the wine on the ledge while she was watching the game.  It only took one good body check into the boards to have her wearing her drink.  Oops!

I only sort of half heartedly watched those playoffs...I was more interested in the boys watching than the ones on the ice as we were at a friend's house and the older brother had the game(s) on.

That's where we were...on the glass/folding chairs at the zamboni entrance (before they put the new row of seats in there and changed the rules).  Haha, at least I was in full on hockey watching gear (jeans/jersey) and it was water.  Burr's hilarious...he does that to fans on the glass...rocks a shot at them.  He had a good chuckle.

• Haha 1