The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Greatest Canuck Game of all time

Rate this topic

Darius

11 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What about worst defining moment in the history of the Canucks...?

17091445-9FCA-4A8B-B4CB-70464235DD82.gif.33c47d069647dc16c6382e901db2db46.gif

“Nobody saw it.”

... nobody saw it? :picard:

Thats worse than having no response, IMO.

Loser culture, identity and players.

Glad that phase is over. 

Yup that was brutal, hope next season is different

Best moment in a game I can remember was game 7 vs flames with Jovo in the box and Naslund taking it end to end where Matt Cook stuffed home the rebound with 2 seconds left to send it to Overtime. 

Unfortunately we lost in OT but that moment was one I’ll always remember as a fan.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Everyone has stated the obvious ones... Couple wild cards for me are below 

1) the game the Sedins scored, the most highly talented goal in the history of sports. When they finished the between the legs pass with a between the legs goal vs Calgary in game 82 of the season. I'll go to my grave knowing that's the most highly skilled play of all time. 

2) when Cloutier Bertuzzi and co spanked the redwings and won 3-0 vs hasek and the super stacked wings who were spending about double what we had in cap. It was in 2002 season. 

Redwings suck. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Darius, you're a beauty. Fantastic post and summertime thread idea.

2011, R1, G7 vs Hawks is my fave. The rivalry was real, Cawks had come back from a three game deficit and that game did not disappoint. 

Dragon Slayer. 

Never in my life have I been as ridiculously overwhelmed by a goal. I just screamed one long "HOLY&^@#INGAHHHHHHBLAHAHGAHBHA" until I ran out of breath

and took a knee

drooling

with a tear on my cheek

Hopefully she said yes! 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

Everyone has stated the obvious ones... Couple wild cards for me are below 

1) the game the Sedins scored, the most highly talented goal in the history of sports. When they finished the between the legs pass with a between the legs goal vs Calgary in game 82 of the season. I'll go to my grave knowing that's the most highly skilled play of all time. 

2) when Cloutier Bertuzzi and co spanked the redwings and won 3-0 vs hasek and the super stacked wings who were spending about double what we had in cap. It was in 2002 season. 

Redwings suck. 

#1 was exceptional, but I feel more looking at the Sedins as opposed to the Canucks.

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce
  • Cheers 1

As someone who has watched or listened to nearly every Canucks' game since about 1977, I have to agree with the first poster, it was game #6 in the '94 Finals.  But I'd also have to say the first game the Canucks played back in Boston after the losing the Finals in 2011, when they won behind the stellar play of Schneider and Hodgson, that was incredibly intense and exciting for a regular season game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, The Game said:

Something about the Max Lapierre goal in Game 5 of the finals always stood out to me. The goal was such a relief, and him scoring it was such a surprise. Man, that spring was so magical.  

This will forever go down as one of the greatest moments all time. I remember being down on Georgia... The place absolutely erupted. What a game the boys played. 

2011 Champs in my books, forever the Vancouver Canucks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Along with the likes of Burrows slaying the dragon vs the Hawks, Bure's 1st NHL game, Bures OT winner vs the Flames, my favourite was this one... Goodbye Toronto 

I wasnt blessed enough to ever witness this life... Only a started watching in early 2000s... But this clip was my ringtone for a solid year on my old Nokia phone when Telus used to sell canucks ring tones lol 

What a call. What a moment. 

• Upvote 1

I became a fan during the 03-04 playoffs, so I'm completely biased towards the WCE and Sedin era. For me it's really simple:

1 - Burr slaying the dragon and Luongo's heroic OT save on Sharp

2 - Game 1 SCF 2011

3 - Game 5 vs SJ to send us to the Finals!!!!

4-  R1 G7 2004 Playoffs

5 - Opening Night vs Calgary (i think it was 2009 or 2010) where we thrashed Calgary and Burrows threw the arrow to Luc for the first time 

Honourable mention Vancouver vs Calgary 7-2 win (Hank to Dank between the legs x2)... Boy were we just too good at that point

40 minutes ago, apollo said:

This will forever go down as one of the greatest moments all time. I remember being down on Georgia... The place absolutely erupted. What a game the boys played. 

2011 Champs in my books, forever the Vancouver Canucks 

Love you man ❤️❤️

8 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think it might be cool to discuss what the best regular season game of all time is as well. Obviously we're going to get the usual playoff suspects when discussing the best Canuck game ever (game 6 against the Rangers, game 7 against the Hawks, etc etc etc...)

A regular season game in 93-94 against NYR, think it was in the late winter but might be making that up, and things got really rough.  They were the best team in the league by then (after a slowish start) first in PP/PK but we were hanging with them and Keenan iced his goons to rough up our better players and pandemonium started on the bench with Quin screaming at Keenan.   Odjick was trying to spear their players from our bench and almost succeeded...it was awesome.   I remember the announcers saying boy wouldn’t it be a treat if these two teams met in the playoffs...took me a few seconds to realize that would have to be in the final ... talk about precognition it something.   We weren’t even necessarily going to make them at that point (but should have and we did of course).    Don’t even remember the score or much about the game other then that.   And that the announcers said Keenan better be careful because of how big and strong Quin was and that he was “liable to end up in the rafters “. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

Having watched both game 6 vs the Rangers and game 7 vs the Hawks i'd go with the Rangers game.

Linden, Courtnall, Ronning, Captain Kirk.  That one sent chills down the spine in a way that the more modern (and skilled) Canucks couldn't.

Remember the butterflies before the game started in 94, by then it was starting to look like destiny, after the game I was pretty certain we were going to win game seven, felt like we had them on the ropes.   What a game.

• Upvote 2