The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Greatest Canuck Game of all time

Rate this topic

Darius

3 hours ago, goalie13 said:

I want to throw an  honourable mention out there for March 1, 1992.

Canucks 11 - Calgary 0

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/199203010VAN.html

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/trip-down-canuckery-lane-vancouver-11-calgary-0

I went to that game with my college roommate.  As good Canuck fans, we really hated Calgary, so despite it being a laugher (which are usually less exciting), it was so great having the Flames get crushed.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

For me, the dragon slay...I was so all in for that one.  Don't get me wrong...'94 had some huge moments too but this one is freshest and ingrained in my heart.

In '94, I shared the experience with my son and the overall playoffs were something so incredibly special. 

The "he will play game" still gives me goosebumps.  Uh-oh, here we go.

one of the greatest calls in canucks history....@#$## Messier!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What about worst defining moment in the history of the Canucks...?

17091445-9FCA-4A8B-B4CB-70464235DD82.gif.33c47d069647dc16c6382e901db2db46.gif

“Nobody saw it.”

... nobody saw it? :picard:

Thats worse than having no response, IMO.

Loser culture, identity and players.

Glad that phase is over. 

Never ever ever gets old

Tryank swatting 230lb flies..... :towel:
"Hello Matheson. I now must break you" 

• Upvote 1

Any game where Messy-yay gets creamed is the best ever game. Doesn't even matter if it was a Canucks game.
Every time that guy got wiped out was a reason to raise your glass and cheer.
One of THE dirtiest players of all time, who had zero problems elbowing and kneeing you when you were already down.
If that turd started his career in the current NHL, he wouldn't make it through one season before being banned from playing hockey anywhere in the world ever again.
"Best Leader" my ass, that guy's no leader. He's Matt Cooke, Marchand, and Jordin Tootoo rolled into one. 
A true PIECE OF GARBAGE.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, luckylager said:

Darius, you're a beauty. Fantastic post and summertime thread idea.

2011, R1, G7 vs Hawks is my fave. The rivalry was real, Cawks had come back from a three game deficit and that game did not disappoint. 

Dragon Slayer. 

Never in my life have I been as ridiculously overwhelmed by a goal. I just screamed one long "HOLY&^@#INGAHHHHHHBLAHAHGAHBHA" until I ran out of breath

and took a knee

drooling

with a tear on my cheek

Damnn Cawks. Awesome nickname

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm not going to call it the greatest but my personal favorite game will always be game 2 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final.  Before the series started, the idea of the Canucks losing to the Bruins didn't enter my mind until Mark Recchi's go-ahead goal.  I can't tell you how satisfying it was watching this game on my birthday with three vindictive Flames fans and seeing them pull it off in such a clutch, storybook fashion 11 seconds into overtime.  I'll never forget the amount of heart Burrows showed to embarrass that arrogant, flopping goof Tim Thomas with one of the most beautiful goals I've ever witnessed in a playoff game.  It truly felt like destiny.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Offhand, I want to say...

Game 7 vs Calgary, 1994

Game 6 vs Rangers, 1994

Game 1 vs Rangers, 1994 - the Kirk McLean show

There was a game around 1992 in the regular season where they beat the Flames 11-0 I think.

Kirk McLean's 45(?)-save shutout against the Canadiens that made Patrick Roy call it the best game he'd ever seen a goalie play.

What else.

Cliff Ronning riding his stick in overtime against the Kings in the playoffs, I want to say 1992.  Felt like the Cup was on its way in that moment.

I'm kind of partial to Dave Babych's hat trick (only one ever by a Canuck d-man, but it wasn't that legendary as a game itself)

That game against the Habs was amazing, the thing I will never forget about that game was Kirk McLean getting a standing ovation from the Montreal fans when he was named first star, I still get goose bumps thinking about that one. Mclean should have won the Vezina that year but it went to Roy instead.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, kilgore said:

I remember those kinds of butterflies.  I haven't felt those little creatures in my guts for such a long time now. A tiny flutter in 2015 when the series was 3 - 2 for the Flames, and we had a 3 - 0 lead in the first period in game 6, hoping to tie the series.   Then the Flamers came back to win it 7 - 4, and take the last series we've been in.  Then those little flying bugs migrated south. I  miss those little guys.

Don’t worry Kilgore, I’m sure they are on their way back North and going to be land all over BC and even some outcasts like myself across the globe and come back with a vengeance soon.  Maybe even his Spring.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I have to say that the Colorado game last year was pretty sweet.  I don't know that I've ever experienced one like that before...in person, so it was pretty incredible.

Same.....I was at that game also....4 rows up from the Canucks bench.  It was the game that said to me....Petey is the real thing.