The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SOLD OUT EXHIBITION GAME IN MINUTES

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

6 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

If this doesn't cement the Canucks as BCs team, iono what does. 

This province loves its team and there's a lot of die hards all over the province. 

Here's a toast to all the die hards all over our beautiful province... All of our majestic Islands, iconic ski resorts, and let's not forget Kelowna... 

Although I find Kelowna infested with a lot of Coilers and Phleghms fans. Whatever though, I respect them 10x more than any American teams fans. With the exception of maybe AV's Flyers... 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

Hardly wow.  Canucks are playing in Victoria.  Many in Victoria can't afford to go to the mainland to see a game so it makes sense to sellout.  In contrast, the exhibition game in Abbotsford against Ottawa went on sale yesterday I believe. Presale 5 days ago or so.  Still tonnes of tickets left.

10 minutes ago, xereau said:

Looking forward to Game 1 of this preseason more than any since the last time we made the playoffs.

I have that 'feeling' about this team like we are about to enter another window of amazing hockey.

Circa 2009ish vibes for sure.

You and me both man.  Now, I do wish we had the defense from 2011 at times, as compared to what we have now, but excited to see Hughes challenge Hughes for the calder!  And if what on paper comes together...oh man.  And what if Ferland can actually mentor Virtanen??  Could you imagine having two of that type of player on your team on different lines?  Add to that Hughes ability to walk the line and create offense out of nothing?  Miller is an entry machine, as well as his ability to pass to players in high danger positions, looking at you Boesser and Pettersson.  And Horvat has the option of actual top 6 wingers!!!  And then we still have enough to field another line for the top 6.  Haven't seen that in....did we ever find wingers for Kesler??

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

In before “it sucked, there were almost no regulars on the ice”

Glad the hype is high.

Lol I am not expecting to see Petey Brock or Bo. I do hope to see Hughes, Demko, and Juolevi.

edit: Also seeing Jordie Benn would be cool since he's a local and grizzlies legend.

Edited by Baer.
  • Upvote 2

I am super stoked about this game. It'll be televised, with a split squad game also happening in Alberta, so some regulars should be in the line-up, despite it being the first exhibition game. Plus, I'm just as curious to see a lot of the Canucks prospects as I am about seeing the regular roster now, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be amazing.

They need to come to Victoria more often!