The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SOLD OUT EXHIBITION GAME IN MINUTES

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

28 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Nice. How many tickets did you want? Did you end up finding tickets elsewhere or just not gonna bother going? 

I wanted 8 for my family but aimed for 2 for gf and myself and still wasn’t lucky enough ha. Eh I was super pumped and it was really disappointing but at the end of the day it’s a split squad and preseason game.

Ill keep my my eyes open but cheapest I’ve seen it $150 for the ones going for 50 lol.

The price people are reselling them for I’d rather spend a little more and do a Vancouver trip and watch a real game. 

Edit ** on my phone not sure why txt got bigger there ha

Edited by Whale Tail
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Red Wooster said:

It's not the cost of the ferries that makes a trip to Vancouver expensive. Can walk on and take the bus and Canada Line to downtown for just over $20.  It is the cost of hotels that makes it expensive.  More afternoon games would be nice.

the local transit (bus/skytrain) can be a crapshoot. Sometimes the 2 buses fill up and people get left behind.  Though I guess I could  rush through the throngs of walk on passengers to the Compass machines, I stroll leisurely... and have been left behind at least 2 times, waiting an hour for the next bus.  Only once did they send an overflow bus (for a handicapped passenger).  I go solo, so I give myself plenty of time.   I can't imagine taking a family onto the city bus at Swartz Bay 

If the team actually cared about its fans when doing these remote games, they'd ban the sale of tickets online so you HAVE to go to the rink, stand in line and buy hard copy tix. (or get someone to go for you)
I bet very few people in Victoria will be able to see that game, unless they pay some unscrupulous gumba $500 for tickets.

1 hour ago, fecklund said:

If the team actually cared about its fans when doing these remote games, they'd ban the sale of tickets online so you HAVE to go to the rink, stand in line and buy hard copy tix. (or get someone to go for you)
I bet very few people in Victoria will be able to see that game, unless they pay some unscrupulous gumba $500 for tickets.

I’m from Victoria and got seven tickets... I was lucky to have noticed a link to sign up for notice about advanced tickets (after the initial sales to Royals season ticket holders but before public sale). All my tickets are for family... but yeah, there were only a small amount of seats left when it became available to all public. I’d be urked too if I was trying to buy on the day it became available to public. 

Edited by Slegr
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m from Victoria and got seven tickets... I was lucky to have noticed a link to sign up for notice about advanced tickets (after the initial sales to Royals season ticket holders but before public sale). All my tickets are for family... but yeah, there were only a small amount of seats left when it became available to all public. I’d be urked too if I was trying to buy on the day it became available to public. 

"advanced sales" 
"special advance notice and sales to specific people" (season ticket holders)
"special codes to gain access to yet another tier of sales"

It's all a bunch of crap.
Seriously, why are season ticket holders being given ANY special treatment in this case? How many people from Vancouver Island are season ticket holders in the first place? My guess is very very few because unless you're mega rich, you're not travelling back and forth from the island to watch hockey 40 times a year.

I don't live on the Island or even in the Lower Mainland, but when I see people lined up hours before go-time (or even overnight) to get tickets to ANY event, and they literally sell out before the first window gets all the way open - that %$#@ me off.
The industry needs some serious regulation, and it's likely on the way in the States first, as huge bands like Metallica have been busted for "advanced ticket selling scams" . Basically they conspired with the Ticket Vendor (Live Nation in the US) to "pre-sell" over 4,000 ticket per show to shyster scalpers, and take home a hefty profit (40%!) of those sales.
So it's not bad enough that to go see the band you have to shell out over $100 sometimes a year in advance - the band and the vendor are actively conspiring to rip off fans by profiting from pre-sale tickets which then go to scalpers which further drive the price up for those people that couldn't get a ticket in the first place.
How screwed up is that?
A bit off topic now sorry but this is a hot button for me. I hate seeing people get ripped off, especially when it seems to only benefit people who are already way wealthier than most everyone else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fecklund said:

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

"advanced sales" 
"special advance notice and sales to specific people" (season ticket holders)
"special codes to gain access to yet another tier of sales"

It's all a bunch of crap.
Seriously, why are season ticket holders being given ANY special treatment in this case? How many people from Vancouver Island are season ticket holders in the first place? My guess is very very few because unless you're mega rich, you're not travelling back and forth from the island to watch hockey 40 times a year.

I don't live on the Island or even in the Lower Mainland, but when I see people lined up hours before go-time (or even overnight) to get tickets to ANY event, and they literally sell out before the first window gets all the way open - that %$#@ me off.
The industry needs some serious regulation, and it's likely on the way in the States first, as huge bands like Metallica have been busted for "advanced ticket selling scams" . Basically they conspired with the Ticket Vendor (Live Nation in the US) to "pre-sell" over 4,000 ticket per show to shyster scalpers, and take home a hefty profit (40%!) of those sales.
So it's not bad enough that to go see the band you have to shell out over $100 sometimes a year in advance - the band and the vendor are actively conspiring to rip off fans by profiting from pre-sale tickets which then go to scalpers which further drive the price up for those people that couldn't get a ticket in the first place.
How screwed up is that?
A bit off topic now sorry but this is a hot button for me. I hate seeing people get ripped off, especially when it seems to only benefit people who are already way wealthier than most everyone else. 

I agree, this had to be the worst example of selling tickets I've seen in a long time. At the bare minimum, why didn't they reserve like 500 tickets for the box office only so people could line up and buy them? Or why didn't they reserve 2000 tickets for the general public sale. But honestly I guess this is a sign of the times where everything is kind of crumbling like this these days. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I agree, this had to be the worst example of selling tickets I've seen in a long time. At the bare minimum, why didn't they reserve like 500 tickets for the box office only so people could line up and buy them? Or why didn't they reserve 2000 tickets for the general public sale. But honestly I guess this is a sign of the times where everything is kind of crumbling like this these days. 

I'm just not a fan (pun intended) of buying tickets online. It's rife with way too many issues.
Seriously, how do we know if some drunk 50 year old slob who once visited Vancouver and got shamed for looking like a hobo, isn't now sitting on his moms computer in Kentucky with an axe to grind, buying up 200 tickets to a hockey game in Vancouver and then reselling on local classifieds?

That's dramatic for effect, but there's nothing stopping that from happening. 
I get it. the world isn't fair. 
That doesn't mean any of us should be competing on a continental market to go see a LOCAL hockey game. It's total BS.

/and rant!  ::D

Edited by fecklund