The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

I'm aware that many people are going to scorch me for this, but I fail to see why nobody questions his ability to play in the NHL. All of the games I watch with him in the lineup, I find myself screaming at my television because of the unintelligent things the gentleman does. Personally, I'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than Pettersson.

Everyone's #1 reason that they enjoy this player, from what I've surmised based on reading this forum, is that "He's great on the PP." Who cares? Anyone can do this that's fighting for a spot. He can't score and I'm tired of Boeser carrying this guy on his back, night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere. Seriously, this guy falls down a hundred times a night, does he not possess the ability to skate, it's ridiculous, stupid penalties it's endless. "He is going to be one of the top forwards in the league this year" is another common description that is proposed when his name comes up.

That is okay, sure he scores insane goals and has even sicker set-ups, and sneaks past defenseman making them look foolish, and was the rookie of the year, but he fails to really be able to finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMHO he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Benning, let this guy go, keep Hutton or Eriksson or Goldobin whoever. You may commence with the letting er rip.

Edited August 7, 2019 by clutch

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

I'm aware that many people are going to scorch me for this, but I fail to see why nobody questions his ability to play in the NHL. All of the games I watch with him in the lineup, I find myself screaming at my television because of the unintelligent things the gentleman does. Personally, I'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than Pettersson.

Everyone's #1 reason that they enjoy this player, from what I've surmised based on reading this forum, is that "He's great on the PP." Who cares? Anyone can do this that's fighting for a spot. He can't score and I'm tired of Boeser carrying this guy on his back, night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere. Seriously, this guy falls down a hundred times a night, does he not possess the ability to skate, it's ridiculous, stupid penalties it's endless. "He is going to be one of the top forwards in the league this year" is another common description that is proposed when his name comes up.

That is okay, sure he scores insane goals and has even sicker set-ups, and sneaks past defenseman making them look foolish, and was the rookie of the year, but he fails to really be able to finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMHO he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Benning, let this guy go, keep Hutton or Eriksson or Goldobin whoever. You may commence with the letting er rip.

Edited August 7, 2019 by clutch

Think to yourself: Just where would this team be without EP. End of discussion

• Upvote 1

• -AJ- locked this topic