The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide

Canorth

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

He said in his post he doesn't like Trump. Maybe not everybody is a Trump nut, and you just have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

This coming from the guy that cried "Killary!" in the first post in this thread. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

46 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Anytime one of these pedophiles linked to billionaires or politicians gets caught they never make it to court. 

The fact that Epstein was already in court, convicted and did some time means your statement is wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Anytime one of these pedophiles linked to billionaires or politicians gets caught they never make it to court. 

Anytime one of these chomos gets any time in a real jail & they don’t have the means to play off the AB or any other gang to protect him, their days are numbered.  They might start wearing dresses anyhow in prison after they run out of bribery money or another gang has the shot caller put out the KOS order.  I’ve said before, the lowest of the low in prison are chomos, rapists and snitches.

5 hours ago, gurn said:

The fact that Epstein was already in court, convicted and did some time means your statement is wrong.

You mean indicted on the charges and jailed after being denied bail.  He hadn't actually gone to trial yet.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/741802612/jeffrey-epstein-is-denied-bail-in-sex-trafficking-case

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think it's pretty clear, Baer....Epstein committed these crimes.

Personally, I don't believe the conspiracy theories and I think @SabreFan1 is right. He was taken off suicide watch and took the opportunity to off himself. Is it possible that someone really screwed up here? Absolutely. In fact, I'd say it's probable

Speaking of which.....  https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-08-11/jeffrey-epstein-guards-overtime-shifts

Jeffrey Epstein’s jail guards were working extreme overtime shifts, source says

Guards on Jeffrey Epstein’s unit were working extreme overtime shifts to make up for staffing shortages the night of his apparent suicide, a person familiar with the jail’s operations told the Associated Press.

The person familiar with the Metropolitan Correctional Center’s operations told the Associated Press on Sunday that one guard in Epstein’s unit was working a fifth straight day of overtime and another guard was working mandatory overtime. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he lacked authorization to discuss jail operations publicly.

The jail staff failed to follow protocols leading up to Epstein’s death, according to a report from the New York Times, deepening the fallout from what led to the highly connected financier’s apparent suicide.

Epstein should have been checked on by guards in his cell every 30 minutes, but that didn’t happen the night before his apparent suicide, a law enforcement official told the Times.

The Times spoke to the official on the condition of anonymity. The Associated Press has not independently confirmed the information.

A law enforcement source also said Epstein was alone in his cell Saturday night after his cellmate was transferred. An official with knowledge of the investigation told the Times that the Justice Department was told Epstein would have a cellmate and be monitored by a guard every 30 minutes.

There's more in the article but it's just a rehashing of previous developments and facts of the case. -SF1

Hmmmm...  Which is more probable, overworked underpaid low-skill labor in the crappy jail system got tired and lazy or a vast conspiracy full of unnecessary twists and turns...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Speaking of which.....  https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-08-11/jeffrey-epstein-guards-overtime-shifts

Hmmmm...  Which is more probable, overworked underpaid low-skill labor in the crappy jail system got tired and lazy or a vast conspiracy full of unnecessary twists and turns...

Is there a third option, preferably involving elves and/or warlocks?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Some dude was saying these overtime shifts add an extra $600 a day, how much do these guys get paid? Is that jail that bad? I thought they dealt with high profile criminals?

Both my sisters worked in corrections up here in Canada for a bit, they got paid well but they were working on their PHD's too so i don't know how much of their work was psychology related. 

I heard this place had cameras everywhere. They would see any offside stuff...

The new conspiracy in my head is that once at the hospital he was proclaimed dead while being whisked away to his elite island retreat.

Edited by bishopshodan
oh snap, watched a bit of that Aussie, too close to the camera guy's vid, he was saying the cameras malfunctioned?!?1 .....yep, stinky business here.
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, infinitecarnage said:

this made me laugh honestly.... my fav was the tweet, something like ' Epstein's suicide comes as a shock to me, but not as much as it did to Epstein.'

However, i only made it a min or so in.....he was taken off suicide watch, half of what I saw was going on about ...suicide watch.

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Some dude was saying these overtime shifts add an extra $600 a day, how much do these guys get paid? Is that jail that bad? I thought they dealt with high profile criminals?

Both my sisters worked in corrections up here in Canada for a bit, they got paid well but they were working on their PHD's too so i don't know how much of their work was psychology related. 

The new conspiracy in my head is that once at the hospital he was proclaimed dead while being whisked away to his elite island retreat.

Epstein was more valuable dead than alive to anyone who still cared at all about him.  Likely just bribed a guard to look the other way.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Epstein was more valuable dead than alive to anyone who still cared at all about him.  Likely just bribed a guard to look the other way.

Can anyone think of a legit story that implicated so many top level elites in such disgusting behaviour as this one? Like ever, anything? 

If anyone ever gave any cred to the idea that super rich can get away with whatever they want, this is it. 

Right before all our eyes. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Can anyone think of a legit story that implicated so many top level elites in such disgusting behaviour as this one? Like ever, anything? 

If anyone ever gave any cred to the idea that super rich can get away with whatever they want, this is it. 

Which is why they wanted him dead, not alive.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Prison and jail guards are notoriously underpaid, and it's a thankless job.  As for what this particular prison pays, check the hiring websites, I have a feeling a few spots will be opening soon.  People will be scapegoated and heads will figuratively roll.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Prison and jail guards are notoriously underpaid, and it's a thankless job.  As for what this particular prison pays, check the hiring websites, I have a feeling a few spots will be opening soon.  People will be scapegoated and heads will figuratively roll.

Yup, cops,  teachers and nurses also paid like crap in most north american cities...

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Well said.  Every human should feel repulsed.

15 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

But this wasn't just some run-of-the-mill schmuk.  

If funding was really that big of an issue, could they just have brought in additional personnel from the prosecutor's office or something?

• Upvote 1