The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?

Rate this topic

JM_

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

This may be unpopular but I think LE isn’t the 13th forward, probably closer to the 10th of the guys signed right now.   There are guys below him that deserve a shot like Leivo and Goldobin, but until they step it up I don’t see the value in sticking him in UTiCA if the goal is to win games. Schaller is the first cut.  

He can move up and done the line-up and obviously kill penalties.   Sure he’s never earned his paycheque, but his comment about TG was way overblown by the media (jeezze doesn’t anyone remember what Hull and Roenick, Belfour and Barrasso used to say? A lot worse then this - but they said it like it is which is exactly what LE did). 

Sure he’s going to have to battle his way into the top nine but it’s not like he hasn’t done that before in his career,  could go sideways on him too but I wouldn’t count him out just yet.   If he’s a true pro he will show up and make it hard for JB to send him down.   And that’s ok.  It will also light a fire under Goldobin and even Bears ass to produce.   The new guys also have to prove themselves worthy which I’m sure they will. 

I don’t like his cap hit either, but at least he’s never hurt and can make a difference for this team.    He’s a one of the better PKers in the league, and a bit of a Swiss Army knife line-up wise, pretty sure the coach knows this.   Maybe I’m taking the the unpopular stance but I do believe it’s the right one. 

Ive accepted this for a while and don’t hold much of any ill will towards him, as long as he treats the Canucks uniform like a pro he’s still one of us like or not.  So far he’s done that and score some pretty good goals even if we expected a lot more.  He’s part of a long list of fringe stars that have disappointed...we definitely are not the only one...

You are exactly right, we are not complete yet and the "weed out" phase continues. He is not playing to expectations but we also have guys who are on the cusp of "putting up or shutting up". 

He is not a long term plan but he will suffice until we get rid of the excess and develop the young guys.

It will be entirely up to him whether he comes to camp prepared to play or he gets sent to the minors because he is still pouting.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 6string said:

Send him to Utica already!

I only need to remind myself from last year when the Canucks were sniffing around at a playoff spot and how awful Loui was when we needed him most to finish plays and he failed - LARGE!

That's funny, I felt the Sedins did the same thing in the SC Finals in 2011! Like I said, he is one of the last of the "Softies" on this team.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 2

sure im fine with it and so will the canucks be fine with it , but will loui be fine with it ?  to bust his hump and actually work hard , im sure the coaching staff are going to have loui on a very short leash if he does show up,   cant wait for the media sh@t  storm coming loui,s way lol

56 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Realistically nothing. He is an absolute waste of space. He is non value added.

Anything he can do Motte can do better. He literally gets in the way.

I'd obviously take Motte over Eriksson if we're taking their contracts into account but Motte is not a better player for LE at the moment.

Completely fine with him staying, just have a good season and do what you're paid to do!

If he comes to camp ready, he could be a good mentor for our younger players, he is accomplished. We have room cap wise, to keep him at least 2 more years and possibly one further, depending on how the cap progresses.

If he can become a useful player, we could potentially make a deal with Seattle to choose him in the expansion draft. I'd be good with flipping Seattle a 2nd or a 3rd to choose him over anyone else in our lineup.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

On going? C'mon Alf you're better than this? 

It was Wisebrod, when asked if he was surprised by Loui’s public comments, who said that the team was aware of Loui’s concerns for the whole season.  To me, that means ongoing, at least for this last year.  Loui kept his issues private, but (defending his lack of production to a Swedish reporter) made the public comments.  Even Green was surprised Loui’s issues became public.  That all adds up to me to say Loui has been raising concerns about his usage on the team for this last season.  That’s ongoing.  

I say Loui is learning he’s done as an NHL player, and that’s a really hard lesson for a guy who was once a top player. 

• Upvote 3

If Eriksson stays, what it says to me is two things.

(1) It is very probable that dishonest 'journalists' blew this whole thing between him and Green way out of proportion,

and

(2) Both Littlethinger, Green, and the club are all men enough to simply put it in the past.

• Upvote 3