The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?

Rate this topic

JM_

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Wanless said:

I would like to see him 

-in the dirty areas a bit more

- be excellent in PK

- show a desire to win

- score 14 goals and 20 assists

- not block any trade the Canucks may do with him

He's not going to score 14 goals.........he is deployed almost exclusively as a defensive fwd, so he's not put in a situation where he will get chances.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

Giving a $6m effort would be a good start.

But even if managed 60 points this season I'd probably still hate him.

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

How dare you

Go chew on a bar of soap with that dirty mouth of yours.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

If he backtracks on what he said, comes in and works his ass off and then accepts his fate.  Whether he earns a spot or is put on waivers.  

4 hours ago, Wanless said:

I would like to see him 

-in the dirty areas a bit more

- be excellent in PK

- show a desire to win

- score 14 goals and 20 assists

- not block any trade the Canucks may do with him

I think somewhere between these two posts will be what we really see. 

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Personally I wouldn't even be giving him the opportunity.  Unless he completely turns around his play and attitude, he is simply not welcome and it's our duty as fans to make sure he knows it.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

It was Wisebrod, when asked if he was surprised by Loui’s public comments, who said that the team was aware of Loui’s concerns for the whole season.  To me, that means ongoing, at least for this last year.  Loui kept his issues private, but (defending his lack of production to a Swedish reporter) made the public comments.  Even Green was surprised Loui’s issues became public.  That all adds up to me to say Loui has been raising concerns about his usage on the team for this last season.  That’s ongoing.  

I say Loui is learning he’s done as an NHL player, and that’s a really hard lesson for a guy who was once a top player. 

I actually wrote this poll with you two in mind, two of my favourite CDC folks who have a lot of angst over Loui. 

I suspect that there won't be a deal coming, I think the Lucic deal was it (which was one of the reasons I was advocating that deal).

There's gotta be a realistic scenario where seeing the guy for 82 games doesn't make your blood boil. 

• Upvote 1

Would be interesting to get thoughts on who will have the better season, stats wise, between Lucic and Eriksson, and who will contribute most to the team between the 2 (the little things, as it were).   Also which fan base will be more toxic. A couple of Alberta friends are less than ecstatic ("a lumbering  neanderthal" they call him)

2 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Loui can't earn his money playing beside Beagle and Sutter. This is what most don't understand. Also Loui has had nothing but praise from coaches and teammates because he works hard. The only people complaining are the fans, they love to have whipping boy. Sure Loui hasn't earned 6 million per, not even close, but this was his last big payday he scored 30 goals the year before he joined Willie D in vancouver (a coach who I liked but in retrospect wasn't very good). Now he's playing for another rookie coach and getting put into a playing position he isn't used to playing and getting crucified for not scoring??? The guy is still an NHL player, an overpaid player but still an NHL player. He looked good  with Bo and Pearson because that's the type of game he plays, he collects rebounds and scores clean up goals.  I'll bet you he's a 15-20 goal scorer on any other team. 

The fans who complain have a right, but by the sounds of it everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill. Everyone wants a reason to bash Loui, I know he hasn't earned 6 Mil but he hadn't earned being flogged in public for doing his job. 

hello  we didn't drag it out publicly loui did that himself   if he kept his yap shut  there wouldn't be the storm he created  , and no loui just wasn't stuck with sutter and beagle either it has been 3 years   he has played with everyone on the team   

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Ongoing for at least a year, and then publicly to the media?  

Possibly would have—if the media gave a $hit about me. :lol:

Edited by ynwa
Wrong quote selected
  • Cheers 1

I'm not actively on the hate Eriksson bandwagon.  He is kind of a meh factor for me.  Wasn't happy when we signed him, but saw the upside, but instead we got little things.  I'm sure he's just as frustrated as everyone else.  

I'll be happy if they deploy him according to situation, anywhere from the 2nd to 4th line, with some healthy scratch time if he doesn't pull his head out of his arse.  I don't care really, as long as he isn't actively submarining the team.  This team is built to win without him, and what he does add, is of value.  come in, do more of the little things, and hopefully put in 20 goals, 15-20 assists.   That is a far sight more than the 11 goals and 18 assists he put up last year.  But if he is more...consistent, isn't outside the realm of possibility.  He can't be moved now, but he can be next summer, so his fate is in his hands.  Build up your value, play, and play hard.  He's still a useful nhl player, he just isn't worth his cap hit.  In the words of another Lou, his contract sucks.  After his signing bonus next summer, he's owed 5 million on 2 years, with a 6 million cap hit.  I can see Ottawa salivating at that point.

Edited by Solinar
addition
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

hello  we didn't drag it out publicly loui did that himself   if he kept his yap shut  there wouldn't be the storm he created  , and no loui just wasn't stuck with sutter and beagle either it has been 3 years   he has played with everyone on the team   

It's August 10th, he made the comments in May after playing very well for team Sweden at the World championships. 1 comment saying he and the coach not seeing eye to eye, and everyone jumps all over him. Let it go. The only people who seem to care is the media and fans who have nothing better to do than over analyze one tiny comment. His one comment is so significant in the world that all summer we can stew in and hang the entire worlds misfortunes on Loui. I'm surprised sum  y'all don't be blame him for climate change. 

I know we're all looking for a way to move on from Loui but dragging him through the mud for 4 months ain't helping. 

Edited by DS4quality
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

It's August 10th, he made the comments in May after playing very well for team Sweden at the World championships. 1 comment saying he and the coach not seeing eye to eye, and everyone jumps all over him.

...and rightfully so.  The guy is handed a very generous contract - fine.  I was ok with that.  He was gifted time with our best players, and couldn't gel with anybody. His effort level is nowhere NEAR what it needs to be based on that contract.  If he was at least trying hard and doing everything he could out there and still not getting results, that's one thing - but I swear the guy's routine on game day is to pop a Valium three times daily and to have his head into what gourmet meal he is going to eat that night or the next car he is going to buy with all that money. He probably puts pillows under his pads to ensure he doesn't mar his skin - heaven forbid he actually contact anybody. It is obvious he has checked out, and is just treading water to the end of his contract.

All that is bad enough - but then he makes it all worse by implying it is GREEN'S fault?  That statement turned lazy to crazy. I was a supporter of LE while most were coming down on him; I said he would probably rebound and there might be something temporarily wrong with him.  Nobody can lose 70% of their skill overnight.  But after this amount of time, it's pretty clear the only thing that is wrong with him is that he has chosen to float around while he cashes his guaranteed paycheque. And if anyone questions his motives - pass the buck and throw your coach under the bus. Why not.

Unless he decides to see reality, play like he can, and stop being so selfish I have ZERO interest in seeing LE remain with this team.

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 3

If green is true to his word... LE will he waived to the minors.... as he will not be outplaying the other wingers at camp....

If money truly has nothing to do with it... an aging slowing player vs some younger guys even playing at the same current level...  u would have to pick the younger faster guys.   LE just doesn’t have the wheels anymore....   not his fault just the way it played out.  Of course the contract was designed by a moron....   but that’s not LEs fault either...

LE had a pretty good career - his 20s were Great!   Now he is a role player ... he needs to find a team that might need him or just retire.  He won’t report to Utica imho....   

• Upvote 1