The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?

Rate this topic

JM_

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, DS4quality said:

It's August 10th, he made the comments in May after playing very well for team Sweden at the World championships. 1 comment saying he and the coach not seeing eye to eye, and everyone jumps all over him. Let it go. The only people who seem to care is the media and fans who have nothing better to do than over analyze one tiny comment. His one comment is so significant in the world that all summer we can stew in and hang the entire worlds misfortunes on Loui. I'm surprised sum  y'all don't be blame him for climate change. 

I know we're all looking for a way to move on from Loui but dragging him through the mud for 4 months ain't helping. 

ya he played well for Sweden  , so .  has he played well for Canucks  in 3 years , that is debateable ,  I am leaning to the no not so great for the pay but it is what it is . if you are going to speak about the coach and how you don't see eye to eye in the media , that means your not happy about your situation and want something , either a trade out (ala ryan kesler)  or the coach gone     ,   he said what he said  , he came out and said it  , not in a uber  but to a reporter  ,. a lot of  hockey people have come out and have said loui should be ashamed of the way he is playing just no effort  what so ever  , so it is just not fans saying it   ,   loui, been dragging his ass for 3 years so dragging him thru the mud for 3 months on his doing seems appropriate. ,   We are trying to let it go but you guys  keep defending him for his stellar defensive play -11 and all the lil things he does . We still have more time to drag it out till the real sh@t storm comes when  training camp starts, 

• Cheers 2

There are several teams stuck with morose contracts: 

Calgary: Lucic

Edmonton: Neal (who could actually rebound)

Buffalo:  Okposo

Ottawa: Anisimov, Gaborik, MacArthur

Los Angeles:  Kovalchuk, Brown

San Jose: Vlasic

It happens all the time that a team is stuck overpaying because of an unexpected playoff run, a rebirth in a veteran team etc.  There are contracts in the next three years that will look horrendous:  Doughty, Karlsson, Kopitar, and so on where it gets to a point where you're paying a player for what they've done and rewarding them.  Now int he case of Doughty and Kopitar they are hoisting championships.  With Erik Karlsson, they chose to give an acquisition that they paid for heavily for and retain him hoping for what he is when healthy.  Three more seasons or at least two more before he is bought out.  Plenty of general manager's make the mistake for it to become another's to clean up.  It is what it is, bury him and move on. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

ya he played well for Sweden  , so .  has he played well for Canucks  in 3 years , that is debateable ,  I am leaning to the no not so great for the pay but it is what it is . if you are going to speak about the coach and how you don't see eye to eye in the media , that means your not happy about your situation and want something , either a trade out (ala ryan kesler)  or the coach gone     ,   he said what he said  , he came out and said it  , not in a uber  but to a reporter  ,. a lot of  hockey people have come out and have said loui should be ashamed of the way he is playing just no effort  what so ever  , so it is just not fans saying it   ,   loui, been dragging his ass for 3 years so dragging him thru the mud for 3 months on his doing seems appropriate. ,   We are trying to let it go but you guys  keep defending him for his stellar defensive play -11 and all the lil things he does . We still have more time to drag it out till the real sh@t storm comes when  training camp starts, 

I don't ever see him dragging his ass, apparently neither did the coaches. He has had a  games where he is invisible, but I've never drag his add the way people here says he does. No one is definitely  not trying to let it go because here we are listening to people complain again. The guy has been an NHL vet longer than a lot of the people on here have been fans, and there were no complaints about him. The only hockey people who were offended were the media and fans. 

Just to have an improvement over every other year here.  To move up from the "little things" to the "medium things" is fine by me. Snap out of the Vrbata like pouting, as indicated in his interview where he's sore about not playing top minutes, like he was meant to when he signed.  And put your nose to grindstone, and work even harder.  Even if its just to salvage your reputation, or to work towards your  next contract (somewhere else). I'd be stoked if he performed so well, that he'd be looked upon as enough of an asset for a team to take him off our hands at the TD, or even next Summer.

33 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

I don't ever see him dragging his ass, apparently neither did the coaches. He has had a  games where he is invisible, but I've never drag his add the way people here says he does. No one is definitely  not trying to let it go because here we are listening to people complain again. The guy has been an NHL vet longer than a lot of the people on here have been fans, and there were no complaints about him. The only hockey people who were offended were the media and fans. 

invisible for games is the same as dragging his ass lol   see  your trying to defend his lazy ass , oh so loui didn't get benched then? ,  a vet that opened his mouth to the media , that is a veteran move to get traded .NO complaints about him  , where have you been for the last three years?    ya media that actually played the game  complained about his effort  , not just a reporter that has never laced the skates up ever   ,   I have been a fan for over 40 years   . a fan before loui was even born , so ive seen the worse of time  and the best of times , good players and really terrible players  ,     go look up Roussel stats and compare them to loui  ,   Roussel hustles out there  and look what he did  and he got third line minutes  so don't tell me  oh poor loui got third line minutes  ,   3 hits all year -11  =  lazy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, the grinder said:

invisible for games is the same as dragging his ass lol   see  your trying to defend his lazy ass , oh so loui didn't get benched then? ,  a vet that opened his mouth to the media , that is a veteran move to get traded .NO complaints about him  , where have you been for the last three years?    ya media that actually played the game  complained about his effort  , not just a reporter that has never laced the skates up ever   ,   I have been a fan for over 40 years   . a fan before loui was even born , so ive seen the worse of time  and the best of times , good players and really terrible players  ,     go look up Roussel stats and compare them to loui  ,   Roussel hustles out there  and look what he did  and he got third line minutes  so don't tell me  oh poor loui got third line minutes  ,   3 hits all year -11  =  lazy

Loui’s play = signs of age catching up to a player:  slow, weak, and lost his hands.  Regardless for the reasons of Loui’s very poor play, he’s done as an NHL player.  He plays in the A or retires.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui’s play = signs of age catching up to a player:  slow, weak, and lost his hands.  Regardless for the reasons of Loui’s very poor play, he’s done as an NHL player.  He plays in the A or retires.  

what ever loui deal is , to blame a coach  for his play  that what gets me ,  you make your own chances in hockey  by working hard  , if you don't work you get no chances , its not like he had one bad season its been 3 bad seasons and then to blame a coach for his woes   that's the icing on the cake lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, the grinder said:

what ever loui deal is , to blame a coach  for his play  that what gets me ,  you make your own chances in hockey  by working hard  , if you don't work you get no chances , its not like he had one bad season its been 3 bad seasons and then to blame a coach for his woes   that's the icing on the cake lol

I totally agree.  However I can understand why Loui made those comments to a Swedish reporter.  Loui is a proud guy, who is a star in his country.  He was asked why his numbers have fallen so drastically.  He defended himself, and blamed the way Green used him in a defensive role as the reason for his lack of production.  That as an “in the moment” defend my reputation response I can accept. However, learning from Weisbrod the next day that Loui’s comments were not a surprise to the team, because they had been dealing with Loui’s issues all season was a BIG RED FLAG to me.  Loui had been complaining (at least) for all this year!  To me that’s a guy who is not accepting his skills are in serious decline.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I totally agree.  However I can understand why Loui made those comments to a Swedish reporter.  Loui is a proud guy, who is a star in his country.  He was asked why his numbers have fallen so drastically.  He defended himself, and blamed the way Green used him in a defensive role as the reason for his lack of production.  That as an “in the moment” defend my reputation response I can accept. However, learning from Weisbrod the next day that Loui’s comments were not a surprise to the team, because they had been dealing with Loui’s issues all season was a BIG RED FLAG to me.  Loui had been complaining (at least) for all this year!  To me that’s a guy who is not accepting his skills are in serious decline.  

yep loui knew what he was doing when said what he said ,force a change  , play well for Sweden . say crap about a coach  and we know what comes next  ,  ask the Ottawa guys in the uber incident  , what happens when u talk crap ,lol  but if I was in Ottawa I would  be talking crap too 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

That's the thing.........he didn't "speak out" against anyone.  He was asked a question and he answered it........in Swedish, not English I might add.   

People need to stop making it out like the guy called a PC to crap all over TG.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, the grinder said:

No it's not, especially when the vast percentage of your starts are in the def zone.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the pertinent part of the interview. The rest of the interview is about his family, the Sedins retiring, and Pettersson. It seems like many fans have only heard the media's slant on it. I don't think it is as bad as many are portraying it to be.

"Loui Eriksson left Boston three seasons ago. During his three seasons there he never scored less than 37 points per season. His new address became Vancouver. There, his production hasn't been as high. At best, he's scored 29 points, which happened this past season. It should also be noted that he's been plagued by injury and missed a few games.

- Of course Vancouver is a cool city to play in. Canada is known to like hockey and there are a lot of fans there, watching, men playing-wise it's been tough for me to come there, Loui Eriksson tells hockeysverige.se in an interview in Globen, right next to Nynäsvägen in Stockholm. The Lerum-raised forward continues on with a smile:

- I haven't been able to really find a role there, but it is, like I said, a pretty nice town to play in. Especially if the weather is nice, then it's an awesome town, but it rains quite a lot too.

Hasn't found a role

It's been a transition for him, moving from Boston to Vancouver.

- Yeah, it has been. As I said I haven't really found a role on the team. Primarily the last two seasons out of the three I've been there. I haven't really found my game, and in that way it's been tough.

Why's that?

- I don't know.... The last two seasons I've played less and in a defensive role. I can't score as many points as I did before, when I'm not playing in the roles I did before. In that way, you can't really make comparisons, but I'll have to do my best and keep at it.

- It's still fun to play, even if it's disappointing to not make the playoffs.

Scratched for a game

Loui Eriksson posted eleven goals and a total of 29 points on 81 games this past season. He was also scratched for a game by coach Travis Green.

- As I said, I've played a defensive role all season and I haven't had that much time on ice. Of course that's unfortunate [or "sad", "displeasing"].

- At the same time, there's not much I can do about it but to keep at it. At least my body feels good.

Has this season been a disappointment to you?

- Eh, I don't know. I was scratched for one game towards the end of the season. Me and the coach aren't fully on the same page [this is the "not a hundred" quote] and it's hard when I'm not shown the same level of confidence as all other coaches have shown during my career. Of course things are rough on that front.

- The only option for me is to keep at it. I feel like I'm still a good player in the league."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That's the thing.........he didn't "speak out" against anyone.  He was asked a question and he answered it........in Swedish, not English I might add.   

People need to stop making it out like the guy called a PC to crap all over TG.

lol I don't care what language it was in , it still the same  , so it was Swedish its a language he understands   so he knew exactly what he was saying ,   he could of just brush of the question but he didn't   did he?

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No it's not, especially when the vast percentage of your starts are in the def zone.

read the post  go look at Roussel numbers and compare them to loui  ,  see what hustle does ,           loui 3 hits in 81 games with  a avg of 14 mins a game  that's not engaged in a game is it now  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

This is the pertinent part of the interview. The rest of the interview is about his family, the Sedins retiring, and Pettersson. It seems like many fans have only heard the media's slant on it. I don't think it is as bad as many are portraying it to be.

"Loui Eriksson left Boston three seasons ago. During his three seasons there he never scored less than 37 points per season. His new address became Vancouver. There, his production hasn't been as high. At best, he's scored 29 points, which happened this past season. It should also be noted that he's been plagued by injury and missed a few games.

- Of course Vancouver is a cool city to play in. Canada is known to like hockey and there are a lot of fans there, watching, men playing-wise it's been tough for me to come there, Loui Eriksson tells hockeysverige.se in an interview in Globen, right next to Nynäsvägen in Stockholm. The Lerum-raised forward continues on with on with a smile

- I haven't been able to really find a role there, but it is, like I said, a pretty nice town to play in. Especially if the weather is nice, then it's an awesome town, but it rains quite a lot too.

Hasn't found a role

It's been a transition for him, moving from Boston to Vancouver.

- Yeah, it has been. As I said I haven't really found a role on the team. Primarily the last two seasons out of the three I've been there. I haven't really found my game, and in that way it's been tough.

Why's that?

- I don't know.... The last two seasons I've played less and in a defensive role. I can't score as many points as I did before, when I'm not playing in the roles I did before. In that way, you can't really make comparisons, but I'll have to do my best and keep at it.

- It's still fun to play, even if it's disappointing to not make the playoffs.

Scratched for a game

Loui Eriksson posted eleven goals and a total of 29 points on 81 games this past season. He was also scratched for a game by coach Travis Green.

- As I said, I've played a defensive role all season and I haven't had that much time on ice. Of course that's unfortunate [or "sad", "displeasing"].

- At the same time, there's not much I can do about it but to keep at it. At least my body feels good.

Has this season been a disappointment to you?

- Eh, I don't know. I was scratched for one game towards the end of the season. Me and the coach aren't fully on the same page [this is the "not a hundred" quote] and it's hard when I'm not shown the same level of confidence as all other coaches have shown during my career. Of course things are rough on that front.

- The only option for me is to keep at it. I feel like I'm still a good player in the league."

lol and he said that with a smile  , he really hasn't found his game , haven't found my role on the team . , haven't gotten a lot of ice time (avg 14 mins a game ), I don't know , not much you can do , he isn't shown the  same level of confidence  as other coaches    ( did wille d show him some ?)   excuse after excuse is what I see in that interview  and you think its not bad  lmao

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

read the post  go look at Roussel numbers and compare them to loui  ,  see what hustle does ,           loui 3 hits in 81 games with  a avg of 14 mins a game  that's not engaged in a game is it now  

Del Zotto - 231 hits in 66 games (or whatever) - how did that work out?