The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shotgun Jake

Rate this topic

dpn1

Are you Participating This Year?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, kilgore said:

If you like a dark beer, this is a very smooth, fine bubbles, brew. St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout

stambroise-stout-33cl.jpg?w=350&h=556

I will try it and let you know.  If it is made from Oatmeal, do ya think it would make a good breakfast beer? :towel:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2019 at 8:20 PM, kilgore said:

If you like a dark beer, this is a very smooth, fine bubbles, brew. St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout

My son told me that this is a delicious.  I will be looking for some cans to give it a try.

• Cheers 1

Hey Kilgore, having trouble finding a store that St Ambroise is sold at?

Fantastic brewery. This one is an award-winning one too. Their apricot beer is also tasty af.

Also for those who like darker beer, Hoyne here in Victoria has a great one called Dark Matter.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I thought I would get some practice in so I have Shotgunned a few beer and then I felt cocky so I tried a 500 ml can of Guinness and it was a disaster.  I got through the first 2/3's but then hit a wall and ended up spilling a bunch on the floor.  My wife told me if I want to continue to do the shotgun thing I have to do it standing in the bath tub or shower.  I won't be deterred. Jake will score 20+ goals this season  :towel:Jake:towel:.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

My wife told me if I want to continue to do the shotgun thing I have to do it standing in the bath tub or shower. 

HaHa!!! You got to do it right after the goal tho...no running to the bathroom to keep the woman happy, just practice more!

• Haha 1

Jakes game is all about confidence. You can’t snipe corners and destroy people without it, and that’s what his game is built on. He had lots of it when he first started playing pro. He destroyed guys in the AHL playoffs and then McDavid in the preseason. He stopped throwing those monster hits after the Farham fight. Scoring 2 beauties already and having Ferland, Miller, Benn, etc, join the team will benefit Jake a lot. He doesn’t have to worry about fighting every time he runs someone over anymore and can just play his game. I think this will be his breakout year. 

• Cheers 1