The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign GM Jim Benning to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

only to lose in the 1st rd in 2020? Im personally praying for a good pick 2020 as its a deep draft. Playoffs 2021. I dont mind a 1st rd exit in 2021 as that avoids our pick being in the lottery. Just imagine us barely missing the playoffs in 21 and tampa wins the cup, and also wins the lottery using our pick :O cuz thats canucks luck. 

Yea other than a cup... a miss next year isn't terrible.

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

only to lose in the 1st rd in 2020? Im personally praying for a good pick 2020 as its a deep draft. Playoffs 2021. I dont mind a 1st rd exit in 2021 as that avoids our pick being in the lottery. Just imagine us barely missing the playoffs in 21 and tampa wins the cup, and also wins the lottery using our pick :O cuz thats canucks luck. 

Well no because if we make the playoffs this year Tampa gets that pick. If we miss they get it in 2021. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, fecklund said:

Can you just imagine if we..... win the Stanley Cup this year, and Benning gets to raise it over his head?......... #endoftheworld

The minds of the anti Benning crew would collectively explode

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Maybe they do lose in the first round. Sounds like a step in the right direction to me.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Tbh not the biggest Benning fan nor a hater but fairly neutral.

Glad to see he's able to stick around and see the team he's spent years with finally coming to shape and see what they can do as a unit.

He inherited a mess and had to remain competitive for the veterans of the former core and it's nice to see after really only having a few seasons of rebuild through solid drafting, some trades and FA aquisitions (not always good) him being given the chance to win with us.

I wish Ya all the best Jimmy and I am excited to see you grow as a GM and continue to learn and craft your trade.

Here's to witnessing some playoff hockey in the not to distant future. Go Canucks Go!!

Edited by KanNuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, fecklund said:

This was the plan by Benning. He forced ownership to extend him or he threatened to send Boeser back to Minnesota - where the Vancouver Canucks roots began.
Watch, Boeser signs this week. lol

Ok I have to quote myself because I think a few of you missed my sarcasm lol
and BTW Tom Scallon (and group), the first owners of the Canucks, were based in Minnesota. 
Carry on!

• Haha 1