The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laine should bolt from WPG and come to VAN

Rate this topic

If you wana live in Vancouver and play alongside Petey you better be willing to take a big time home town discount like Alex Edler did. Alex is easily a 9 mill dman based on his stellar play last season. 

If Laine is willing to accept 7 years 7.5 AAV then I'd give up a decent amount to get him... Maybe something like 

Eriksson 50% retained + Tanev 50% retained + Sutter + something of value? 

^ that's honestly a terrible offer but couldn't really do another one. Too many guys on the roster that I think should stay. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

7 hours ago, apollo said:

If you wana live in Vancouver and play alongside Petey you better be willing to take a big time home town discount like Alex Edler did. Alex is easily a 9 mill dman based on his stellar play last season. 

If Laine is willing to accept 7 years 7.5 AAV then I'd give up a decent amount to get him... Maybe something like 

^ that's honestly a terrible offer but couldn't really do another one. Too many guys on the roster that I think should stay. 

One of these things is not like the other, haha

Spoiler

:emot-parrot:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

He can't play here. He would be terrible for the room and what the Canucks are trying to build. I'm so glad the Canucks didn't draft this guy. I feel bad for Jets fans in a way. Lost half their D and Laine doesn't sound too excited to return there. It's a great hockey town, but certainly not a desired place to live with other options like New York City, Sunrise or Tampa, Anaheim, etc.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, apollo said:

Edler at 9 mil... 

I love Eddie but good god. 7.5 at the most.

• Upvote 1