The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Derick Brassard to sign with Oilers

This could be awesome for the Oilers.  He's instantly better than anyone in their bottom 6, including when he gets injured.  They'd be able to actually have centre depth to a point, as Draisatl can only play wing with McDavid.  This is the kind of signing that actually impacts them in a positive way.  Wish it hadn't of happened, as I was looking forward to just feasting on the Coilers.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Solinar said:

This could be awesome for the Oilers.  He's instantly better than anyone in their bottom 6, including when he gets injured.  They'd be able to actually have centre depth to a point, as Draisatl can only play wing with McDavid.  This is the kind of signing that actually impacts them in a positive way.  Wish it hadn't of happened, as I was looking forward to just feasting on the Coilers.

They're still absolute trash with them.  Looking forward to ventilating Smith while he's too busy diving.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

DB will barge into the room, "You there..McD..whatever? Put that coffee DOWN! It's for closers! It takes BRASSS balls to close FA deals in late August, & THAT's my name!

Now I'm here on a mission of mercy!..."(the whole Alec Baldwin spiel)

A Keep your eyes upon the road.

Your hands upon the wheel...

Yeah we're going to the roadhouse.

We're going to have, A, real good time...

You gotta roll, roll, roll, baby.

You gotta thrill my soul.

:ph34r:

Give up your vows!

Save our city...

Save our city...

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Cheap 1 year deal I am sure. Can't go wrong. Rather have Brassard on the cheap vs 1 of our 2 overpaid bottom 6 C. At worst its a 1 year deal and they flip him for  a pick at the TDl if he plays half decent

Well we have gone the route of signing plugs and flipping them for picks/prospects (Vanek, Del Zotto, Nilsson, etc), I'm glad we are no longer at that stage anymore. Good to see Edmonton stuck in that rut though.

Edmonton would take either of our "overpaid" bottom 6 C any day of the week if they could afford them. They are exactly what they need right now.

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

They're still absolute trash with them.  Looking forward to ventilating Smith while he's too busy diving.

It'll be a miracle if the guy stays healthy and can produce at all. They managed to find the only C injured more than Sutter.