The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ride Hailing: Uber and Lyft Approved to Operate, Judge Refuses to Grant Injunction In Taxi Lawsuit

DonLever

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Liberal. At least your kids will have jobs. 

No thanks.  I would shoot myself in the noggen before i ever voted for a the party that sold us all out to foreign $$$$$$ - ruined  the bc estate market for our kids - took away the dream of home ownership for generations.....    

13 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Why don't they just become Uber or Lyft drivers? 

It would be the equivalent of leaving the Bloods for the Crips gang. They’d be on the taxi mafia hit list and we all know how easy it is to get away with murder in the lower mainland. 

Realistically, they probably don’t want to switch jobs, get reduced wages, decreased value to taxi plates and be subject to a rating system.

Bottom line is the industry has been comfortable for so long; have been aware that Uber will potentially move in on their territory and made no changes to their offerings to compete. 

57 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No thanks.  I would shoot myself in the noggen before i ever voted for a the party that sold us all out to foreign $$$$$$ - ruined  the bc estate market for our kids - took away the dream of home ownership for generations.....    

dont do that, we'd miss you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, HI5 said:

It would be the equivalent of leaving the Bloods for the Crips gang. They’d be on the taxi mafia hit list and we all know how easy it is to get away with murder in the lower mainland. 

Realistically, they probably don’t want to switch jobs, get reduced wages, decreased value to taxi plates and be subject to a rating system.

Bottom line is the industry has been comfortable for so long; have been aware that Uber will potentially move in on their territory and made no changes to their offerings to compete. 

Many taxi drivers work off hours as UBER /Lift drivers.... earn extra money.....

3 minutes ago, DonLever said:

So not all taxi drivers are against UBER/LYFT?   It seems rather hypocritical to rail against ride sharing and then join them.

I think they are against it.... till it happens..   Then they join to earn more money.

People are pragmatic if not a bit hypocritical.....

• Like 1