The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

10 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Jake Allen brought in Jan 7th 2019: 17 or 18 wins TOTAL since then; cost me Van 2nd 2019, Van 5th 2020, Joe Veleno, Alex Lyon, Corey Crawford

shipped him out for Ryan McDonagh, Teemu Kivehalme and Gavin Bayreuther Sept 15th 2020.

I guess that one sticks in the craw a little as I had intended Allen to be the man of the future in a 1a 1b with equally overpriced cap hit David Rittich.

edit; can't really let it bother me though, covid messed up everyones plans. flat cap is a horrible situation when your tight to it waiting for releif next year. 

nice to see I have about 4m clearing up next summer from buyout and retained salary going off the books, sweet. 

Whatever happened with that Jori Lehtera deal? Did you get bailed out by him going to Europe? I remember you gave him like 5 years, 25M

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Speaking of that Holtby trade, there are some all time Boose classics in this league

Drafting Michael Dal Colle 5th overall

Trading Hampus Lindholm straight up for Kyle Clifford

And the aforementioned Puljujarvi, Vasilievskiy for Holtby

Anyone remember any other Boose stinkers or want to offer up a few of their own?

We should trade more often, I'd be happy to make some deals to add to the list!

I know that Trevor Kuntar was selected in thr 3rd round by Boston, and Jacob Truscott by Vancouver in the 5th. Samuel Hlajav wasn't selected at all. Not a big deal, though. Only Kuntar has a real shot, and even then, not much of one. Thank goodness for all my other prospects. Onto the next draft, where I have zero picks.

• Huggy Bear 1

68th Overall - NJD.png Shakir Mukhamidulin (Defense) - 20th Ovr (+48)

71st Overall - CGY.png Yan Kuznetsov (Defense) - 50th Ovr (+21)

76th Overall - MTL.png Blake Biondi (Center) - 109th Ovr (-33)

91st Overall - SJS.png.8a4484b28c7df2a2784e9fcbd2ae3da8.png Brandon Coe (Right Wing) - 98th Ovr (-7)

96th Overall - NJD.png Jaromir Pytlik (Center) - 99th Ovr (-3)

97th Overall - SJS.png.8a4484b28c7df2a2784e9fcbd2ae3da8.png Timur Ibragimov (Left Wing) - Drafted 2019 by San Jose

99th Overall - PIT.png.ac27c793b5a72225343359f81c8c0965.png Joel Blomqvist (Goalie) - 52nd Ovr (+47)

133rd Overall - AZ.png.8c88c23f79843ef1e502f7467d8ffe5c.png Aku Raty (Right Wing) - Drafted 2019 by Arizona

147th Overall - WSH.png.1ea8e4da869957d5de6a7853579197d2.png Bogdan Trineyev (Right Wing) - 117th Ovr (+33)

Very happy with the draft. Felt like it was a success first year really diving in to the drafting world for me. 

• Cheers 3

NJ Draft Recap:

8th Overall - Yaroslav Askarov (G)  (11th OA to NSH  -2)
19th Overall - Kaiden Guhle (D)  (16th OA to MTL +3)

38th Overall - Ridly Greig (LW/C)  (28th OA to OTT +10)

39th Overall - Ozzy Wiesblatt (RW)   (31st OA to SJ  +9)

122nd Overall - Jacob Dion (D)  (Undrafted - Hopefully next year!)

127th Overall - Artur Akhtyamov (G)  (106th OA to TOR +21)

Via Trade - Amir Miftakhov (G) (186th OA to TB)

3 Goalies in one draft ant to shabby. Got 2 solid forwards we like and a top 4 D we think may have some top pair upside. #Stoked!

• Cheers 4

Jets draft results

27th William Wallinder   --> 32nd  small.png  -5

43rd Luke Evangelista   --> 42nd   small.png  +1

58th Jean-Luc Foudy     --> 75th    small.png  -17

108th Jan Bednar          --> 107th  small.png  +1

137th Calle Clang          -->  77th   small.png  +60

151st Landon Slaggert -->  79th   small.png  +72

155th Colby Ambrosio  --> 118th  small.png  +37

Probably my best prospect draft ever, now that I've finally decided to not trade away all my picks.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Goalie Depth Chart

James Creighton Division Finals - New Jersey Devils (1) vs Bolshoy Ballet  (2) | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

NHL

Antti Raanta (ARI 1A/B)
Casey DeSmith (PIT Backup)

AHL

Matthew Villalta (LA 3rd Round in 2017)
Amir Miftakhov (TB 6th Round in 2020)

Jr/Elsewhere

Yaroslav Askarov (NSH 1st Round in 2020)

Hugo Alnefelt (TB 3rd Round in 2019)

Artur Akhtyamov (TOR 4th Round in 2020)

We are very happy with our goalie depth.  Al though the NHL level talent isn't really the highest. We are big fans of Casey DeSmith and feel he may be able to become a legitimate 1B this season. Matt Villalta and Amir Miftakhov will join our AHL club this year and be part of our AHL club. We are actively searching for a AHL starter (3rd string tender). In the Jr's and elsewhere we have top goalie prospect Yaroslav Askarov chilling in the KHL posting some good numbers. Alnefelt is a goalie we are quite high on and is the next up young tender in Tampa's system.  Artur Akhtyamov we were thrilled to select this October. We saw him as a top 3 goalie in the draft and felt he could become the second best tender in this class. Arthur will be staying over in the KHL this season and we will re-evaluate next off-season. Very happy with our depth but we certainly have needs outside of goal.  We could in theory move a young goaltender but if you are interested please note we value these guys quite highly. Please only bring serious offer. NJ could use some unsigned or young forwards or D.

Thanks,

GL HF all. Stay safe!

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2

With the free agent negotiation window slated to end tomorrow night at 11:59 PM PST, I will begin to report any rumours on potential player signings I hear as they begin to trickle in. Should any teams have any rumours they would like posted as well, feel free to send them into my messages.

• Like 4