The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

15 hours ago, CDCFL Insider said:

With the free agent negotiation window slated to end tomorrow night at 11:59 PM PST, I will begin to report any rumours on potential player signings I hear as they begin to trickle in. Should any teams have any rumours they would like posted as well, feel free to send them into my messages.

Excited to see this guy back! 

Friendly Agent Reminder

Pulling out of deals because of IRL signings or trades today is frowned upon and could affect your team's other free agency signings.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

A few things am I hearing on the eve of free agency beginning:

• There may be a few signings tomorrow, but it may likely be just the bigger names signing. This will allow the second tier of free agents to gain a bit more interest from teams that have missed out on their targets.

• The goalie market will likely need a few dominos to fall in order to get things moving. Sergei Bobrovsky is widely expected to be one of the first major goalies to sign and everyone else is expected to fall into line shortly after. This also affects the trade market for both Connor Hellebuyck and Antti Raanta. It is believed both goalies are being shopped by Tampa Bay and New Jersey respectively, however interested parties are waiting to see how free agency goes first.

• Looking at the defenseman market, Jake Muzzin and Shea Weber are all getting the most interest, as expected. Look for both to get some term on their next contracts, as well as some form of trade clause. I am hearing some offers on the table for each of these players may exceed 6 million per season, however money may not be everything for these guys..

• Another defenceman, Kevin Shattenkirk is believed to have narrowed down his choices to two Eastern Conference teams. 

• I am under the impression that both Erik Haula and Danton Heinen are receiving their fair share of interest. Both players are young, with Haula a 27 year old UFA and Heinen a product of the compliance buyout. I'm hearing both have solid offers from Eastern Conference teams that they are currently considering.

• Another couple younger free agent forwards to keep an eye on? Lawson Crouse and Miles Wood. Teams are always looking for younger powerforwards that have some offensive upside.

• On the RFA market, I've heard one Western Conference team has heavily considered offersheeting New York Rangers star defenceman Charlie McAvoy. I'm not sure if an official offer has been made, but it is something to keep an eye on here.

• Finally, some of the prospect free agents that have been receiving a ton of interest include Aidan McDonough, Mitchell Chaffee, and Tyce Thompson. I would expect all 3 of these players to sign before the weekend is over, and I believe all 3 are looking for the best combination of money and future playing time they can find.
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

On 10/5/2020 at 1:29 PM, Nail said:

Our league wide free agency negotiating window will be opening up at midnight tonight!

Teams will have from 12:00 am PST on October 6th until 11:59 pm PST on October 9th to submit free agent offers. During this period of time, you may or may not hear back from the agents. This is an extended period of time to allow for all teams to submit offers without worrying about missing out on any players.

Like last season, any free agent offers for players who have past experience in the NHL will be sent to @Monty. Any free agent offers for players who have not played in the NHL (NCAA, CHL, European prospects) will be sent to @Nail. When submitting free agency offers, please only have 1 player per PM. This will make things easier for the agents to respond to and negotiate contracts, without things getting lost in the shuffle. If you have any questions regarding which agent to send an offer for, please ask!

Players will begin signing this Saturday, likely with some of the bigger fish signing first.

The free agency list can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RidXQr1C2oanyGcizid0eDf4d5x2QxA9TabYY1mKcXc/edit#gid=1952659612

Seems to be some confusion with this, and it is poor wording by me so my apologies!

Tonight at 11:59 PM PST is the end of our "negotiating window" meaning players have free reign to sign wherever once the clock passes that.

Teams may still send in any free agent offers after this time should a player remain unsigned.

There is no hard deadline at all to send in free agent offers.