The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

Assign: Tampa Bay Assigns Travis Boyd to the Minors

Recall: Tampa Bay Recalls Karson Kuhlman from the Minors

2019/20

Tbay.jpg.26cae5f02817a6cd599991bf8ca1d17a.jpg

NYR.png.998ada258ec34ce8fb8a93992db948a2.png 20 Chris Kreider TBL.png.6eecaf73c011f6a3fd821da17171800e.png 91 Steven Stamkos {C} - PHI.png.f1f1fb451812db9fcf99552a9bb3f4b7.png 12 Kevin Hayes

CAR.png.e31fd26ed1ea76744e1db9dcbbadcf83.png 22 Nino Niederreiter - CGY.png.0c301037caf7dfd256be78f03b765d13.png 28 Elias Lindholm {A} - MIN.png.1a6b7c032cd98191bf883976071bfe8c.png 36 Mats Zuccarello

VAN.png.02d3f7273ccada6b0639d6293fe46f48.png 79 Michael Ferland - FLA.png.c8b7f3049db6af7762390dfc621a4a4b.png 72 Frank Vatrano - WSH.png.dbc9af03819688f3796e05ecdbde69f8.png 14 Richard Panik

SJS.png.ffa2147c73c9e4ee4cfd380216813f47.png 89 Barclay Goodrow - VGK.png.03438e69d0aeb764e57cd12bf42fa4e2.png 92 Tomas Nosek - VGK.png.03438e69d0aeb764e57cd12bf42fa4e2.png 75 Ryan Reaves

BOS.png.c233c8f0a5ff3920c6c91bcfee3bfb7c.png 83 Karson Kuhlman (C/RW) AZ.png.8c88c23f79843ef1e502f7467d8ffe5c.png 83 Connor Garland

ANA.png.98eddad1c4b2c4e0d2b0457a2e8a9072.png 4 Cam Fowler {A} - TBL.png.6eecaf73c011f6a3fd821da17171800e.png 27 Ryan McDonagh {A}

COL.png.14a5421d41197da83d51c8018679e1e7.png 29 Ian Cole - CGY.png.0c301037caf7dfd256be78f03b765d13.png 3 Travis Hamonic

NYR.png.998ada258ec34ce8fb8a93992db948a2.png 42 Brendan Smith PHI.png.a7796351ef409225d634ad667f42735b.png 61 Justin Braun

ANA.png.98eddad1c4b2c4e0d2b0457a2e8a9072.png 39 Jacob Larsson

WPG.png.c1c81372c2c1c8817a174235ac51c8e5.png 37 Connor Hellebuyck

TBL.png.6eecaf73c011f6a3fd821da17171800e.png 35 Curtis McElhinney

@Nail

• Upvote 3

On 9/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, Monty said:

After a scare, just found out that my mom doesn’t have cancer! Huzzah!

So I am catching up on the thread and skimming skimming skimming and I see "another scare, just found out my mom doesn't have cancer", and I am skimming a bit more and then thinking ....'pardon?'. Jogged back and reread it. WOW big news and good news! haha, not what I thought you had said at first....which would be rather antimom lol. 

My old man refused to accept his lung cancer diagnosis, and it was a fist sized tumour on his heart and lungs. Lucky guy blew out his aorta a few months into the $&!#storm and passed away inside of a 20 hour period rather than waste away to cancer, small mercy.  I am so glad for your moms lucky miss with cancer. &^@# Cancer. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

So I am catching up on the thread and skimming skimming skimming and I see "another scare, just found out my mom doesn't have cancer", and I am skimming a bit more and then thinking ....'pardon?'. Jogged back and reread it. WOW big news and good news! haha, not what I thought you had said at first....which would be rather antimom lol. 

Thanks! My mom and I are ridiculously close. In a very weird way, maybe closer than my wife and I. So I would have been devastated and completely out of sorts.

51 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

My old man refused to accept his lung cancer diagnosis, and it was a fist sized tumour on his heart and lungs. Lucky guy blew out his aorta a few months into the $&!#storm and passed away inside of a 20 hour period rather than waste away to cancer, small mercy.

:( So sorry for you. 

51 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

&^@# Cancer. 

The one time where I think it should be acceptable on CDC for a swear to not be filtered.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

@Nail

Subject to minor changes

Anders Lee - John Tavares - Evgeny Dadonov

Nick Foligno - David Krejci - Kyle Okposo

Blake Coleman - Jason Spezza - Zach Aston-Reece

Jordan Greenway - Lucas Wallmark - Nikolay Goldobin

Max Jones

Miro Heiskanen - Jay Bouwmeester

Dan Hamhuis - Max Lajoie

Oscar Fantenberg - Sam Morin

Robin Lehner

Mike Smith

Waivers to put on the farm:

Michael Haley

Send down to the farm:

Noah Juulsen

Joseph Duszak

Call up from the farm:

Sam Morin

ELC slides

Lucas Elvenes

Aleksi Heponiemi

Mackenzie Entwistle

• Upvote 1

Image result for hot shots

CALIENTE!

Vancouver's Unsigned Prospects HOT SHOTS!!

a new quick hit on unsigned prospects in the system 

Sampo Ranta....

August 2019 – It is dangerous to put too much stock into a summer tournament, but Sampo Ranta had an outstanding World Junior Summer Showcase for Team Finland. He showed off his wicked shot, general ability to finish off plays, and had high energy consistently throughout the tournament. If he performs like that in the NCAA this season, he will be joining the pro ranks sooner than anticipated. Hayden Soboleski

Nico Gross....

Intelligent, strong and responsible are often the words that come to mind when describing 19-year-old defenseman Nico Gross. While the Swiss blue liner shows this wide range of skills on the ice, as well as strong leadership ability....With a mobile, physical and intelligent player in Gross, the Generals blue line is in good hands. To compliment his on-ice skills, his leadership and experience will undoubtedly be an important factor for Oshawa through the remainder of their season and aid his development as a key prospect in the Rangers organization.

Matthew Robertson...

At the 2019 NHL Draft, the Rangers selected the 6-foot-4, 198-pound product of Sherwood Park, Alta. in the second round, 49th overall following two productive seasons with the Oil Kings.

In the 2018-19 season, Robertson played a strong role on the blue line of the Central Division champions. Robertson posted 33 points (7G-26A) in 52 games, including one power-play goal. In 16 games during the 2019 WHL Playoffs, Robertson contributed eight points (4G-4A), including one power-play goal as the Oil Kings advanced to the Eastern Conference Championship.

Nathan Legare

Legare, 18, was a third-round pick by the Penguins in June’s NHL Draft.

“Nathan has had a really strong training camp thus far,” general manager Jim Rutherford said in a statement. “We’ve been impressed with his offensive instincts and his overall approach to the game. We’re thrilled to get him signed.”

Last season with the Baie-Comeau Drakkar of the QMJHL, Legare had 45 goals and 87 points.

Shane Pinto

He can still score, as evidenced by his 1.05 points-per-game in the USHL last season, and is best described as a “developing” centre who’s still scratching the surface of his ceiling. This is a player who was drafted in the 21st round in the 2017 USHL Entry Draft, so he’s come a long way in a short period of time. Even if we just look at the last year, Pinto started as a late-round selection with the NHL’s Central Scouting Service, but ended as their 28th ranked North American skater. 

Kaedan Korczak

Korczak was selected 41st overall by the Golden Knights at the 2019 NHL Entry Draft on Saturday.

Korczak's services were understandably in high demand heading into the draft as a 6-foot-3, right-handed shooting defenseman with a terrific set of wheels.

Adam Beckman

After leading the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League in scoring a year ago with 44 goals and 34 assists in 41 games while playing for the Battlefords Midget AAA North Stars, Beckman finished up with the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League’s Nipawin Hawks. He was quick to make the jump to the Western Hockey League’s Spokane Chiefs

As a WHL rookie, Beckman finished with 32 goals and 30 assists for 62 points in 68 games during the regular season and added another eight goals and four assists for 12 points in 15 playoff games.

NHL scouts took notice.The Minnesota Wild ended up choosing Saskatoon’s Adam Beckman in the third round, 75th overall, in the 2019 Entry Draft. 

This trade was a necessity to become cap compliant. We would like to thank Mike Matheson for his time as a Ranger and welcome Urho Vaakanainen to the squad. We are ecstatic to gain a very promising prospect to replace Matheson in the years to come - Urho will start in the AHL.

@Nail - assign Saku Maenalanen to the AHL (no waivers required)

NEW YORK RANGERS - OPENING LINE-UP

Gabriel Landeskog - Mark Scheifele - Mikko Rantanen

Filip Forsberg - Ryan O'Reilly - Phil Kessel

Anthony Beauvillier - Scott Laughton - JT Compher

Zach Sanford - Nate Thompson - Calle Jarnkrok

Jason Dickinson

Jake Muzzin - Charlie McAvoy

Sam Girard - Matt Niskanen

Brayden McNabb - Matt Grzelcyk

Scott Mayfield

Matt Murray

James Reimer

ELC Slides:

• Aarnie Talvitie
  • Cameron Hughes
  • Brandon Hickey

We are actively shopping Calle Jarnkrok and Matt Niskanen but are also open to moving almost anyone on the roster. We have cap trouble looming in the coming years so any offer for the higher end players would need to involve a high-end asset on a cheap deal.

2 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NYR - Urho Vaakanainen

To VAN - Michael Matheson

@Master Mind

Thanks to JimLahey for reaching out. Had to weigh this one a  little bit in my head but imo it is a decent trade for both clubs. We each got something we needed, where I am giving in youth I am gaining in immediate impact, and that always makes me leery in a trade. 

That being said, very happy to pick up Mike on a decent Forida team in the NHL.

Urho is top class and will have a brilliant career defending his blue line. We wish him well.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To ANA - Adam Erne, Jamie Oleksiak

To CAR - Valentin Zykov, Kurtis Gabriel, Axel Holmstrom

Thanks to @gmen81 for the negotiations.

This was necessary to make some cap room for when Hyman comes off I/R. I really like Erne (Yzerman seems to as well), and think he'll have a solid boost in production this year. But his salary was a bit high, and he won't be a playoff player. I'm not nearly as confident in Zykov, but he's cheaper, at least potentially a playoff player, and I can send him down without cap penalty if he's not working out. 

Oleksiak was added for me to shed more cap, the other 2 were so Anaheim could shed an extra contract.