Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2019-20

Nail

8 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To ARZ - Luke Schenn, Joona Luoto

To NYI - Robert Bortuzzo

@Master Mind

Thanks to @_arby_18 for the ongoing trade talk. Parting with an extra piece was necessary for...

7 minutes ago, Nail said:

image0.jpg?width=600&height=448

The New York Islanders have signed Lean Bergmann to a 3 year contract worth $2.1M ($0.7M AAV)

@Monty

Bergmann. Initially tried to sign him a few months ago, but didn’t have the contract space. Guy is on the cusp of making the Sharks.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Monty said:

Thanks to @_arby_18 for the ongoing trade talk. Parting with an extra piece was necessary for...

Bergmann. Initially tried to sign him a few months ago, but didn’t have the contract space. Guy is on the cusp of making the Sharks.

wish yo ual the best wit hthis german kid .  i thought he was already signed here ..so i didnt even tried :lol:

2019/20 Roster

Forwards:

Pacioretty, Carter, Oshie, Nyqvist, Dzingel, Strome, Maroon, Fabbri, Lewis, Hudon, Andersson, Meier

Defense:

Myers, Demers, Nemeth, Tanev, Coburn, Weegar

Goalies:

Bobrovsky, Subban

@Nail

Looking to upgrade the backup goalie position, as well as looking to move a F for a D. Maroon, Fabbri, Lewis, Hudon some I could move 

• Upvote 1

New York Islanders Early Prospect Report (Euros and CHL):

Michal Teply, Mattias Norlinder, Carl-Johan Lerby, Simon Johansson, Tyler Tucker, and Alexander Khovanov off to good to phenomenal starts, while Patrik Puistola has been struggling in the European men’s league.

6CD245BB-799C-4766-960D-81F2BC8C9FE0.jpeg

While 3 games in is a small sample, Michal Teply is currently leading the Winnipeg Ice with 6 points in 3 games, sporting 3 goals and 3 assists. Did not have regrets drafting him in the second, despite going in the 4th IRL. Entire season to go, but off to a phenomenal start.

5A62A8C8-4681-49F8-9AFF-A7511A14B01A.jpeg

Mattias Norlinder, a defenseman, has 2 points in 4 games, but he’s on pace for more points than he had in the SHL last season. He has already matched his goal total from last year, with 2 in those 4 games. At the time of the draft, I passed on him to draft favourite Domenick Fensore (college season not started yet), so I worked the phones to quickly snag another pick to draft Norlinder. Happy to see him off to a great start.

7D1153D9-267B-4454-B19E-2F2CBF581390.jpeg

Carl-Johan Lerby was a free agent I was most motivated to get, second was goalie Ivan Prosvetov. So far, Lerby has not disappointed. The Calgary Flames were apparently so worried that they wouldn’t be able to compete and sign the Swedish defenseman when he was going to cross the pond next off-season, that they decided to “waste” a contract and salary this year, just to ensure they had him. Last year, at the age of 21, the young defender impressed on both sides of the puck, leading all defensemen on his team in points, despite being the youngest. Not surprisingly, he’s leading defensemen on his team in points already this year. He’s on pace to smash his point totals last season, which were already impressive.

3DD801BE-A128-469D-8A8D-432B496D46F6.jpeg

After a somewhat disappointing year last season, it appears as though Simon Johansson has righted the ship. The strictly offensive defenseman currently has 3 points in 3 games in the SHL. It appears the later round pick of the Minnesota Wild is finding his game with more experienced teammates, this year.

05F9CED8-D2E7-4470-B02B-DB2A009B7FAC.jpeg

Late bloomer Tyler Tucker burst onto the scene last CHL season. In his draft year, the defenseman was selected in the 7th round by the Blues, after putting up 23 points in 59 games (only 3 goals). With his big body and 87 PIMs, it was clear why the Blues selected him. However, he followed up in his draft+1 season with 59 points in 68 games, adding 14 goals. I expected he’d come back to Earth, but thought taking him in the 5th round with the second last pick (154th overall) was a low risk selection. Well, the 19 year old defenseman has 4 points in 3 games. Perhaps he really had untapped potential offensively and just needed that push from his coaches to take that step forward.

20012C57-7AF9-4EE7-8B55-8C1E6245D02F.jpeg

Alexander Khovanov was originally selected by the Winnipeg Jets in our league. However, he was on my radar to take in the 2018 draft, and decided to pass on him when I had the chance. So, when the opportunity came to add him in a trade with Master Mind, I jumped all over the opportunity. So far, Khovanov is seen to be one of the Minnesota Wild’s best young prospects. He was sent back down this year for more seasoning, and while 1 game does not a season make, the 4 points in his first game back is certainly a good sign.

5EFBEA79-897E-4626-84A2-ABA5F549FBDC.jpeg

WTF is going on with Patrik Puistola? Perhaps all he needs is a lot of time, or perhaps all he needs is opportunity. Or maybe he’s just not good. In the U20 Tournament this summer, he had 8 points in 6 games, scoring 6 goals! On the other hand, he’s played 7 games in Liiga so far this season, and has a grand total of 0 points. Now, this is a men’s league and he is the youngest player on the team. It also appears he’s playing 4th line minutes. No cause for panic, as he has a lot of time. But he’s also not forcing the coaches to take a longer look.