The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: CDC Invitational

Rate this topic

Intoewsables

Let's play a game. @everyone, if you're a wolf in this setup how do you play? Try to honestly think about it.

Do you power-wolf and try to lynch your threats? Do you blend in and take a passive approach (let the town lynch themselves)? Do you bus and distance yourself from your teammate for town cred and for the mind-games? Do you plan for the late-game already?

• Wat 1
9 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

2/7 chance BW is mafia

If I have you a 2/7 chance at a free billion dollars, would you take it in exchange for a vote?

Of course. Vote Ceres for first lynch

I'm so flattered that you'd equate lynch me correctly to winning a billion dollars. :blush:

• Cheers 1
17 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Let's play a game. @everyone, if you're a wolf in this setup how do you play? Try to honestly think about it.

Do you power-wolf and try to lynch your threats? Do you blend in and take a passive approach (let the town lynch themselves)? Do you bus and distance yourself from your teammate for town cred and for the mind-games? Do you plan for the late-game already?

I think you blend in your powerwolfing to bus for the mind-games in the late game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

But to be serious: for me personally, I'd powerwolf for sure and I'd be more hesitant to bus a teammate as you only get one. Obviously everyone would be different. BJ leads a mislynch while 112 sits back and pockets.

x

Yeah, I'd suspect hard bussing would be suboptimal in most circumstances. Maybe bussing occurs if one player is deep in the PoE and the busser is a deepwolf poised to win. 

Just now, Ceres said:

Yeah, I'd suspect hard bussing would be suboptimal in most circumstances. Maybe bussing occurs if one player is deep in the PoE and the busser is a deepwolf poised to win. 

In a game this size and (hopefully) active you also have to be aware that wagons will likely be changing throughout the phase. So a wolf may bus their wolfmate early in the Day, but switch off in time to mislynch a townie.

At the end of the day it'll be easiest to use our usual favourite scumhunting methods, create a PoE, and begin whittling it down. A strong towncore always wins - just ask @112.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

In a game this size and (hopefully) active you also have to be aware that wagons will likely be changing throughout the phase. So a wolf may bus their wolfmate early in the Day, but switch off in time to mislynch a townie.

At the end of the day it'll be easiest to use our usual favourite scumhunting methods, create a PoE, and begin whittling it down. A strong towncore always wins - just ask @112.

I more so am referring to actively trying to get your teammate lynched. Like if wolf A brought up fresh quotes from wolf B and explained how they're wolfy.  

Just now, Ceres said:

I more so am referring to actively trying to get your teammate lynched. Like if wolf A brought up fresh quotes from wolf B and explained how they're wolfy.  

I sort of mean that as well - they may build a case early in the phase based off a single element (tone, a particular post, etc) only to 'like their responses' or whatever and back off.

But I agree that you wouldn't expect wolf 1 to dig up damning slips against wolf 2 out of nowhere.

40 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I would passively try to mislynch people and keep my teammate alive and if my teammate dies I'd say something like "why would I make it so obvious that we're teammates" 

So basically like any other mafia game

• Haha 2

Unless someone can come up with a reason not to, I think the sheriff always claims near the end of round 2 so the Doc can save them. This strategy might honestly be OP now that I think of it. But that's assuming the wolves don't get lucky with their first shot. 

• Cheers 1