The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: CDC Invitational

Rate this topic

Intoewsables

5 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

112 with a really questionable few posts

AV is probably sheriff so I trust him

BW replied to 112 with a strange casual tone.

TL comes off good.

BW/112 scum team?

Don't help the wolves identify the sheriff.

Just now, Ceres said:

Don't help the wolves identify the sheriff.

Everyone here is smort enough to make their own assumptions. Maybe I'm sheriff and hiding well by throwing shade at others and freely talking about the sheriff to the point where it's comical and nobody would expect it 0_o

46 minutes ago, Ceres said:

The sheriff hard claiming isn't an awful idea. It guarantees us at least two peeks. Furthermore, we probably won't have to deal with any sheriff fake claims in round 2 if we do it that way.

Aside from that, the tone of this post is really different - like you're playing up a character.

Not awful, just not ideal for the town.

9 hours ago, Zfetch said:

Second off, I don't read too much into entrances. Too small of a sample size and often hard to evaluate anything significant. MR a bit sketch but not too much..that's about it 

Shade denied. My entrance was shiny.

(Also soft disagreement - entrances can be very telling sometimes. Just not always.)

8 hours ago, Zfetch said:

6 scenarios where the tp win

I'm gonna go ahead and say that we're all too potato and end up losing via two mislynches

If we can learn a lesson from 112's champs game, you can't lock-clear anyone who plays at a certain level.

Words of wisdom for future rounds: do not lock-clear any town except mechanically, e.g. sheriff peek. We're all good enough to fake it for a round or two. (Except BW, who blows his wad too quickly.) Everyone be ready to re-evaluate if we get to LYLO.

Just now, Master Radishes said:

If we can learn a lesson from 112's champs game, you can't lock-clear anyone who plays at a certain level.

Words of wisdom for future rounds: do not lock-clear any town except mechanically, e.g. sheriff peek. We're all good enough to fake it for a round or two. (Except BW, who blows his wad too quickly.) Everyone be ready to re-evaluate if we get to LYLO.

Wise words.

How would the TP do if we lynched you?

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I woke up to no private message from Intoewsables.  This means that I'm town-aligned with no role.  Duh.

There's not really a great argument to sheriff crumbing in a game so small because of the minimal amount of mislynches needed to win from the mafia perspective.  This is especially true since the mafia cannot be eliminated in any scenario besides the lynch.  With this in mind, I would strongly implore the real sheriff to come out with their role and investigation as a hard claim at some point in this opening round.  The doctor should also feel free to come out but should do so upon further instructions, perhaps after the sheriff has revealed themselves.  For me, it's best to establish as many confirmed town-aligned as early as possible.

We should expect posts from Blue Jay 22 soon.  Posts from Kryten and 112, while not expected, are appreciated as well.

I have some ideas about some of the opening posts and dialogue.  I'll get into them later.

More to come...

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Game one:  Powerwolf against easy targets.  Given the context of this game, I might even approach by being content to sit back and relax since some users, namely Kryten, won't be around and probably wouldn't be a town target because of it.

Game two:  

I have had some success related to figuring out the alignment of Ceres and Master Radishes

I have had less success related to figuring out the alignment of 112 and Time Lord

AV's style of writing just makes me want to lynch him all the time.

Vote AV

Final post before I go do things like eat dinner and sacrifice a goat to the Dark Lord:

I'm not entirely sold on the Sheriff reveal idea. The Doc only gets one save, and the Mafia could easily kill the greenpeek first whilst the Doc wastes the save on the Sheriff, then be able to kill the Sheriff next. It reduces the initial PoE from 8 to 6, but that's still a pretty big pool for the scum to hide in.

Obviously the Doc can start playing mind games and potentially be a big hero who outwits the scum kills and all, but that's not a guarantee.

But if you guys want to overrule me I'll reveal.

16 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Final post before I go do things like eat dinner and sacrifice a goat to the Dark Lord:

I'm not entirely sold on the Sheriff reveal idea. The Doc only gets one save, and the Mafia could easily kill the greenpeek first whilst the Doc wastes the save on the Sheriff, then be able to kill the Sheriff next. It reduces the initial PoE from 8 to 6, but that's still a pretty big pool for the scum to hide in.

Obviously the Doc can start playing mind games and potentially be a big hero who outwits the scum kills and all, but that's not a guarantee.

But if you guys want to overrule me I'll reveal.

I think I'm still in favour of the sheriff claiming next round 2. But if they were to claim, I would propose that they don't reveal they peek until last minute (unless they caught a wolf or their green peek is in danger).