The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boomer Goes OFF (Discussion )

Rate this topic

vannuck59

I've learned over the years to pay no attention to fools, nincompoops and nonentities like this guy appears to be. These kind of comments usually represent an attempt to get some reaction based on the adage that there's no such thing a bad publicity.—Wrong!

• Cheers 1

Who cares what Boomer says?  All these clowns will hate on the Canucks until they prove something on the ice again. Then suddenly Petey will be on the cover of NHL games across USA and all the “experts” will have predicted their greatness. He is gathering attention for himself by trying to upset Vancouver fans. Let the young guys mesh together and enjoy watching Toronto tank so we can hear about their amazing rebuild. 

image.jpeg.78ec357f94e0ee3fb98b25d3cfda1b32.jpeg

He is the Blowhard Eklund of the airwaves - a parody really it's his shtick apparently.  One of those guys that gave himself the nickname because it made him feel important. I am embracing the disrespect and will wear it like a badge.  He is only saying what most of the league including the Head Office really think about our team anyways.  My new motto is WHO CARES - NEXT. 

This team will surprise people this year I gotta feelin.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hockey stops at Alberta? Is that what they been playing in Edmonton? Sure looks like a s*** show to me. I don’t know this guy and don’t really care to. I love this team and it’s direction. 

He gave Edmonton an F grade then says that? Lol.

He is one of those "on paper experts" I'm assuming.  

Edited by cuporbust

Same take I have in regards to the laughs...go figure.

Laughs just wish they could make it past the first round since 1994...24 years folks...what have the Canucks done in those 24 years? they made it to the 7th game of the Stanley Cup final twice....One of those years 1994, they beat the laughs in 5 games....that's when the true hate began...lol

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Boomer Gordon's comments on NHL Radio .

Recently NHL network radio ( Last Week), the Power Play they were doing power rankings and put us in the bottom 10 .Boomer when questioned about his ranking of the Canucks the next day stated that he basically had no use for the Canucks, Vancouver and their Fans . And believed the Canucks were poorly managed and had little or no direction. As far as he concerned Hockey stopped at Alberta border. Now thats eastern media bias ! Not shure on how to get the Podcast for the show maybe one of the listener's has a copy.

Tweet him at Boomer Gordon (@ThePointSXM)

U can be one of his 500 followers lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Solinar said:

Step 1, alienate a vocal fanbase with a large internet presence

step 2, get them going on twitter or whatever

step 3, go to the boss, see how much traffic I'm generating, I'm a good employee

step 4, rinse and repeat.

My little sister has more Twitter followers.  It's a long way up from 500 followers to relevancy 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Boomer Gordon's comments on NHL Radio .

Recently NHL network radio ( Last Week), the Power Play they were doing power rankings and put us in the bottom 10 .Boomer when questioned about his ranking of the Canucks the next day stated that he basically had no use for the Canucks, Vancouver and their Fans . And believed the Canucks were poorly managed and had little or no direction. As far as he concerned Hockey stopped at Alberta border. Now thats eastern media bias ! Not shure on how to get the Podcast for the show maybe one of the listener's has a copy.

Tweet him at Boomer Gordon (@ThePointSXM)

lol what a turd burglar  , even the Vegas golden knights said we are a team to watch out for this year ,  craig button said we are a team on the rise  .  Ottawa and Minnesota  lol those teams have no direction and poorly managed ,   boomer is a good name for him boom there goes all the food   boom  every time he sits down  

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

His arms look disproportionately short as well.

The guy definitely sucked at every sport he tried to play. You can tell by looking at him.

that and some girl from Vancouver just wanted to be friends. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill