The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former 1040 morning show host Dave Pratt returns to media

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Dave Pratt  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t do podcasts, so that was an automatic no. On the other hand, Pratt has never bothered me. I just don’t take him seriously and I rather enjoy listening to all the people who do take him seriously get all hot under the collar. He likes throwing a bunch of crap at the wall and seeing if any of it sticks. I’ve taken colourful jabs at him on Twitter and he always takes it in good humour. 

Hopefully everything works out for the best for him. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, danaimo said:

I heard that Pratt - Taylor poker argument live.  It was the funniest 20 minutes of radio I have ever heard.  No I won't be listening. 

I remember when that happened and everything went quiet after the fight and I was wondering "was this a stunt?"

Pratt became so annoying in his last stint with Bro Jake, that he became a caricature of himself. Everything opinion was "guaranteed". Every guest pundit was called "brothu". And he was the only commentator that would laugh at his own joke, or put down, BEFORE he even got them out.  Some kind of weird defence mechanism and annoying to have to listen to.  He has this Trumpian tendency to brag all day about how right he is, and when inevitably he is proven wrong ....again, it doesn't faze him one iota. He just moves on to the next outrageous prediction. 

The reason why a show was listenable with him on it, like with Donny, was because it was entertaining to listen to a more intelligent witty co-host make him look like the fool he is.  Botchford was the best at that, RIP, when he was on as a guest in the morning show. Just destroyed him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Lol

you guys can’t help but be an advertisement for these media guys, can you? 

Stockholm Syndrome? 

Every time you either post or reference these guys, you keep them in business.

For all the bitching and babyish whining about the unfavourable media, this forum is a major contributor to their livelihoods! Figure it out. 

They will die a natural death, if you’d just let them. 

Haha, so true. Easiest way to get retweets, replies, mentions, page views, etc in hockey media is to say something, preferably something negative, about the Vancouver Canucks. Then just sit back and wait for the reaction. :shock:   :mad: :frantic:

• Upvote 1

Is Pratt’s  first podcast about world league of Poker training camp?

i used to like the Donny and Pratt show but unfortunately Pratt was always trying hard to make something(anything) outa nothing and also being a negativite Nancy about it all. I don’t know how much he actually knows about sports, he might have new success moving onto another sort of talk radio stuff. Maybe a nighttime radio sex therapist host would be a better fit and ratings.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, aqua59 said:

I agree. This guy makes $hit up to stir up. He doesn't do real journalist reporting. He's a speculative guy. That's it. 

I haven't missed him. 

True but the more I listen / read / watch the news the more I'm convinced that journalism is dead. People pretty much just spouting their opinions. Sad really.

• Upvote 2