The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] Til Kingdom Come: The Vancouver Canucks - A History of an NHL Franchise By Kevin Wong [dedicated to all Canucks players, alumni, staff, organizers, and fans everywhere]

Rate this topic

TrickOfShapes

5 hours ago, TrickOfShapes said:

The Vancouver Canucks are entering their 50th year in the National Hockey League. To mark this special occasion, fans of the team, new and old alike, deserve a concise, accessible retelling of the team's history since its inception into the NHL in 1970. There have been heartbreaking experiences and periods of despair; despite all of the hardships, there have also been bright, beautiful, irreplaceable moments.

Over these past 50 years, we have witnessed the growth of a fanbase from humble, fair-weather beginnings to an exemplar of unwavering loyalty and pride. Although the wait has been lengthy and arduous for a trophy most elusive, a different history is incomprehensible, for this journey and the precious relationships forged along the way are the features of our identity that shall make that summer of glory all the greater. This is an ode to the Vancouver Canucks, a team both blessed and cursed. I hope you enjoy it.

Subscribe to the channel if you like the video. You can find me at @CambieKev on Twitter as well. There will be future presentations like this one. Thanks for watching.

Encoded in 4K resolution to preserve fidelity.

Awesome job!!!

• Cheers 2

• -SN- featured and pinned this topic
4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just brilliant! What a trip down memory lane. Fits the tune quite nicely too. Great work.

Haven't looked so forward to another season like this, in a longg time. All of BC must be pumped up for 2019-20

GCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately not everyone in BC is smart enough to be a Canucks fan!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just brilliant! What a trip down memory lane. Fits the tune quite nicely too. Great work.

Haven't looked so forward to another season like this, in a longg time. All of BC must be pumped up for 2019-20

GCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot of things to get hyped about including.. Another season of Pettersson. A full season of Hughes. The new additions. Boeser Pettersson and Hughes on 3 vs 3. All aboard the hype train. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Masterpiece.  Thanks for that Kevin .I've probably seen hundreds of Canucks video s over the years . Even got the Pacino speach vid played on the news right before game seven in 2011 through a family member . This blows all of them out of the water . My new favorite Canucks video by far. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Amazing video, well done.

Except for the clips that feature Mark "Mess" Messier. :P 

I actually love the way it shows him being the villain on the rangers , then coming here and Linden moving out  . I thought that was a smart way to depict it . I don't think he "features " messier . 

• Upvote 1

Great job! It reminds me of how much I love my Vancouver Canucks, and how long my journey has been, as I have watch practically every game they have ever played.

I seen their first goal and their last...……...great memories! Other than my parents and my brothers, I have not been with any person or thing longer. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1