The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VIDEO] Til Kingdom Come: The Vancouver Canucks - A History of an NHL Franchise By Kevin Wong [dedicated to all Canucks players, alumni, staff, organizers, and fans everywhere]

Rate this topic

TrickOfShapes

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

Hopefully soon they can make history worth noting.

Inventing iconic hockey celebrations such as waving the flag and riding a stick,  having some of the greatest men and players in hockey in Quinn, Bure, the Twins ect, one of the most well respected men in hockey captaining the team and doing it all being one of the most hated teams in the league isn't good enough for you? Just because we haven't won our cup yet doesn't mean we haven't made our mark on the history books. Winning is the ultimate goal, but the path getting to the top is just as important as hoisting the cup.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Inventing iconic hockey celebrations such as waving the flag and riding a stick,  having some of the greatest men and players in hockey in Quinn, Bure, the Twins ect, one of the most well respected men in hockey captaining the team and doing it all being one of the most hated teams in the league isn't good enough for you? Just because we haven't won our cup yet doesn't mean we haven't made our mark on the history books. Winning is the ultimate goal, but the path getting to the top is just as important as hoisting the cup.

50 years....

Good video.  But I was waiting for the “Save” and the “Goal”....one of the most iconic minute in our history - please add it...and maybe Bures early shift in WNP were he deked an entire line.    Wish the song was a ten minute one but it was appropriate although Led Zepps dazed and confused would also work.(as a fan that’s what happens over he years ) )..watched it three times and one more might make me cry.  Can’t imagine the time it took to make this - well done - your exactly the type of fan this site needs - when we win the cup - and we will , your the guy im going to bug to make the video for us CDCers.

PS - can you make one for each of our cup runs....that would be awesome. Five stars. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

We will eventually.  Maybe even with this core.   JB has blown me away as a long time fan I had little hope we could do it with this core - never since expansion has a team gone from on core to the other as a top team.  Detroit doesn’t count because they had players from both cores making it work.   He’s made me a believer.   EP is special.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Meh

The devil you know...

Right up there with the mediocrity in the rafters is our own low expectations.

Why did I have to be born a Canucks fan?? Lol 

Cool video, nonetheless. 

Dude that’s low - We’ve had some great moments - it’s not all bad - and some great players (Linden- Bure- Naslund- and now EP).   Don’t say that - all the mediocrity up in the rafters - that’s our history there and it matters even if no cups came from it.  We aren’t the only team chasing their first cup.

Living back East now when I go to see them in OTT and MTL  (they have the gal to have their early teams banners up  - talk about bad luck - and MTL who have a dozen or so statues outside and rightly so - plus a burning hazard worth of banners hanging in the rafters) ... we have history too that should be honoured.   Maybe it is mediocre / but we’ve made the final three times and quite a few teams can’t say that in the same timeframe or at all (TO ha ha).    

I agree it’s not easy being a Canucks fan ... but I wouldn’t change it for anything.   

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

Coldplay sucks but god damn what a sweet video

BRING ON THE PRESEASON ALREADY

At least you knew who sang it.  He did a good job matching it to the words anyways - maybe next time he can do Queen - “We are the Champions” ...!  Or maybe Orion from Metallica just because it’s a much cooler song. 

3 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Coldplay sucks but god damn what a sweet video

BRING ON THE PRESEASON ALREADY

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

At least you knew who sang it.  He did a good job matching it to the words anyways - maybe next time he can do Queen - “We are the Champions” ...!  Or maybe Orion from Metallica just because it’s a much cooler song. 

Disagree with Coldplay sucking, at least not for their first four albums.

They rightfully earned their spot as biggest band  (or at least top 2) in the world for a decade or so. And then they started making people pleasing music while still using their status as the biggest band in the world to their advantage.

This song is one of the many great ones they had in their earlier years.

Even though you might not like their music no one can deny their live performances are absolutely breathtaking. I remember a video where NHL players were asked their favourite concert and half said Coldplay. Edit: here it is

Edited by Grape
  • Haha 1

What is going to happen to us when that day comes. 

This board will crash.

Will the city of Vancouver survive? 

Think about it for a minute . What will it be like when our canucks finally take the cup?

Especially for those of us who have  been following since the beginning.

We will be a bunch of full grown crybabies . 

And my feeling is that we are coming close to that day.  It's going to happen with the group we are accumulating now.