The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2019-20 prospect training camp

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

June 24, 2016 on the first page of this thread they said Olli was 6'2" 183.

By the summer of 2018 some here were saying Olli was almost 6'3" 200.  What is he now?

A beast who's had nothing but gym time for the last 7 months

8 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Theoretically, perhaps.

Realistically, Hughes is a lock and OJ will likely see games sooner rather than later.  But other than a total catastrophe of injuries I see only Breesby getting a few games here/there. 

In no particular order:

Edler, Tanev, Stecher, Benn, Myers, Hughes, Biega, Fant - do we realistically see any of the kids not names OJ actually getting more than a couple games here/there? 

Is that the consensus top 8?  

Since Biega and Fantenberg are both right shot, might we expect 1 of Briesbois or Sautner to be with the Canucks and maybe Biega taking another turn wearing the "C" in Utica?

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Call me Mrs doubtfire.

I don't believe Teves in particular, or Rafferty have much of a shot.

They cleverly bring mature aged players, with a puck moving play style, without having to take up Utica veteran roster designations. To help compliment our actual developing players. You are only allowed so many veterans per game... 

Helllllllllloooooooooo!

tenor.gif?itemid=8496921

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Theoretically, perhaps.

Realistically, Hughes is a lock and OJ will likely see games sooner rather than later.  But other than a total catastrophe of injuries I see only Breesby getting a few games here/there. 

In no particular order:

Edler, Tanev, Stecher, Benn, Myers, Hughes, Biega, Fant - do we realistically see any of the kids not names OJ actually getting more than a couple games here/there

Not necessarily this year, but down the road. Doubt that OJ will be in much this season, but Brisebois, Rafferty could get some games on a third pairing. Woo next season. Utunen and Rathbone will also arrive one day. Can't complain.

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Call me Mrs doubtfire.

I don't believe Teves in particular, or Rafferty have much of a shot.

They cleverly bring mature aged players, with a puck moving play style, without having to take up Utica veteran roster designations. To help compliment our actual developing players. You are only allowed so many veterans per game... 

Nothing wrong with that. But there will be injuries, they will probably have to play someone at one point.

Rafferty looked promising (more than Teves). He could have a Stecher-like preseason...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Since Biega and Fantenberg are both right shot, might we expect 1 of Briesbois or Sautner to be with the Canucks and maybe Biega taking another turn wearing the "C" in Utica?

That's definitely the consensus, although they may well send Biega back to Utica if they decide to keep 2 extra forwards instead of 2 extra D.  I see that Fantenberg has been inaccurately labelled as a right D in some posts, but he's actually just another leftie (unfortunately).  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m intrigued to see Keppen... he played on a bad team, so it’ll be interesting to see him play with better teammates....I like his size it differently a plus.

Also I’m interested in seeing the 2018 draft class play and see how they’ve developed.

i wonder if you’ll see an obvious age differences in their game.

young vs older prospects.

Just checked our roster page...we have 21 forwards listed with 18 of them having a real shot at making the team if you include Zack...and I do...

Take Roussel off and that's 17...even if we send Gaudette down until someone gets injured...that is still 2-3 guys that will have to clear waiver's....

Erikkson, I hope, is one, Schaller another...but if we carry the usual 13 forwards and 8 D. then someone else has to go and neither Motte or Goldy would clear waivers....

For D. men we have 13 guys listed and Juolevi isn't one of them...of those listed 7 are NHL players and one is Quinn Hughes so that's 8 guys without Oli if he is ready in time...

If I were calling the shots we would keep 7 D.,....send Biega down...as usual...keep Fantenberg up and reluctantly delay Oli's arrival until we have an injury on D.

I would have a hard time sending Gaudette down if he earns a spot and same with big Zack so there would be trades for picks...Sutter and either Motte or Leivo....

Playoffs here we come....!

I wouldn't worry too much about Zack or Gaudette being sent down.  As soon as there are injuries, and we KNOW they will come, they will be the first call-ups.  In the meantime, it won't hurt them at all to be playing first or second line minutes in Utica, and hopefully bolstering their confidence by dominating in the AHL, vs. third or fourth line minutes (and no special teams time) up here.  

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:31 PM, sonoman said:

I’m liking the size of some of these prospects.  Quinn the only one under 6 feet.

also hoping for Gadjovich to take a big step as well as Lind

Was a big Gadjovich fan when he was drafted. Unfortunately I doubt he see's any NHL action. His skating is so far behind for today's NHL.

Hoping for the best.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, BrockBoester said:

Let's throw Ben Hutton a PTO lol

Hahaha, he wont accept, he still thinks he should be making 3-4 mil a season... Probably why he is still unsigned. Someone may pick him up, but at this point I doubt he comes back to the Canucks

Edited by Sedinery33
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, Crabcakes said:

I agree with this statement. I don't see them keeping both Biega and Fantenberg up as both are righties. So either one of Brisebois or Sautner stay up or we go with 7 D to start the season. I am starting to see the latter as the bigger possibility with our logjam of forwards. 

1 hour ago, zombieksa said:

I agree with this statement. I don't see them keeping both Biega and Fantenberg up as both are righties. So either one of Brisebois or Sautner stay up or we go with 7 D to start the season. I am starting to see the latter as the bigger possibility with our logjam of forwards. 

imo, Breezer is ready and the most likely to be a full time NHL player