The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2019-20 prospect training camp

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Looks like OJ drawing a penalty: 2mins for hooking on Gadj.

Good call. Yes OJ wins that 1-on-1. Gadj was not able to contain him without using his stick in a way that would normally be an obvious penalty (hooking). I am still skeptical about OJ, but it is great to see that he looks good in practice against other prospects.

Given all the bodies in camp and the need for OJ to get in a lot of ice-time, I don't think there is any doubt that he starts in Utica (barring injuries, and barring a miracle performance by OJ in camp). But he is my  guess right now for the first D call-up from Utica.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JamesB said:

Good call. Yes OJ wins that 1-on-1. Gadj was not able to contain him without using his stick in a way that would normally be an obvious penalty (hooking). I am still skeptical about OJ, but it is great to see that he looks good in practice against other prospects.

Given all the bodies in camp and the need for OJ to get in a lot of ice-time, I don't think there is any doubt that he starts in Utica (barring injuries, and barring a miracle performance by OJ in camp). But he is my  guess right now for the first D call-up from Utica.

100%

If OJ get to play lots of minutes in Utica injury free, that's a win in itself...

Let him get games and minutes under his belt before all the talk about being called up. After so long out game time is surely the most important to find his stride again...

PS ready the comments on that Pettersson Tweet....he'll have some work to do, too win over some fans... he's just been out for almost a season... 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

On 9/5/2019 at 11:05 AM, zombieksa said:

I agree with this statement. I don't see them keeping both Biega and Fantenberg up as both are righties. So either one of Brisebois or Sautner stay up or we go with 7 D to start the season. I am starting to see the latter as the bigger possibility with our logjam of forwards. 

Fantenberg is a leftie.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

PS ready the comments on that Pettersson Tweet....he'll have some work to do, too win over some fans... he's just been out for almost a season... 

those twitter comments are pretty pathetic. Some dufus on twitter saying "prove me wrong" about his draft position. Thats why I hate twitter, any idiot with thumbs can claim to be a "fan" and spew anything. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

those twitter comments are pretty pathetic. Some dufus on twitter saying "prove me wrong" about his draft position. Thats why I hate twitter, any idiot with thumbs can claim to be a "fan" and spew anything. 

Spot on.

Some of these so called fans are an absolute disgrace... but fair enough, they may not even be Canucks fans.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1