The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2019-20 prospect training camp

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

1 minute ago, cyoung said:

He definitely is...for now. Not really arguable at the moment lol

Lol, well today he is. Of course.

But I mean, outright potential. 

I just can't see how a Dman that does what he does won't have a bigger overall impact than a forward.

(Fortunately it's not Petey vs Q. Hughes, they will both impact each other's careers immensely!)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nergish said:

Lol, well today he is. Of course.

But I mean, outright potential. 

I just can't see how a Dman that does what he does won't have a bigger overall impact than a forward.

(Fortunately it's not Petey vs Q. Hughes, they will both impact each other's careers immensely!)

Well we gotta wait and see for sure. He can be an one of the best D in the league for sure. Exciting future with this whole team. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, nergish said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I'm not even sure Pettersson is the best player on this team anymore.

...Well if we had Gretzky and Orr on the team...we would have just as tough a choice as to who was the better player...

I would be happy to call it a tie and hope they spread the MVP award around to both and maybe Horvat as well...

On 9/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, Pears said:

Anyone see Juolevi put an inch and seventeen pounds on :o

That’s really cool.  Did you read Kuzma’s article where he says Pettersson looks taller and thicker.  We can all see he looks thicker, he looks like he gained almost 5lbs of muscle on his neck.  This quote from Kuzma made me jacked to see Pete.  Edit:  would be cool if he gained an inch of height as well. That’d bring him up to 6’3. And he looks like he’s around 185-190 lbs.  

A5DE9D92-5EF9-4555-8B54-2E9A571D84E9.jpeg

Edited by Pure961089
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nergish said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I'm not even sure Pettersson is the best player on this team anymore.

That is probably a stretch but it is crazy we have another young guy who could have another crazy good year. Have not been this excited since the 2010 season probably. And that was because we already had a really good core.

Now we have a bunch of really good young guys with some great older players mixed in. We should have a number of exciting years to come.....keep drafting them JB!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, zombieksa said:

Short list this year but I am still pretty excited. bummed we wont see Hog or Pod but they will be doing important work elsewhere. 

I'm more excited for main training camp than ever now though.

For the first time in years, we can be MORE excited about the main camp; so true. 

• Like 1

I am really excited about who will have the better first NHL year; Quinn or Cal....... Hughes or Makar 

Both very similar players. Maker was outstanding in the playoffs last season. 

Both are playing their first full season in the NHL. They are the new breed of NHL defence man. 

Cal had the better season in College hockey. I hope Quinn has the better first season in the NHL!!!

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2019 at 1:58 PM, Pure961089 said:

That’s really cool.  Did you read Kuzma’s article where he says Pettersson looks taller and thicker.  We can all see he looks thicker, he looks like he gained almost 5lbs of muscle on his neck.  This quote from Kuzma made me jacked to see Pete.  Edit:  would be cool if he gained an inch of height as well. That’d bring him up to 6’3. And he looks like he’s around 185-190 lbs.  

A5DE9D92-5EF9-4555-8B54-2E9A571D84E9.jpeg

And Mike Smith just s*** his pants