The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks and Sportsnet Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule

Rate this topic

hwy19man

Vancouver, BC - The Vancouver Canucks and Sportsnet announced exclusive coverage of Vancouver's 50th season and the entire 82 game schedule on Sportsnet television, radio, streaming services and digital platforms. Regular season coverage begins Wednesday, October 2 at 7:00 PM Pacific, when the Canucks visit the Oilers in Edmonton on NHL opening night.

Sportsnet Pacific's broadcast team returns with play-by-play announcer John Shorthouse, analyst and former NHL goaltender John Garrett and host Dan Murphy. Sportsnet's national broadcast includes 16 games on Hockey Night in Canada. Sportsnet 650, the exclusive radio home of the Vancouver Canucks, will deliver all 82 games this season with Brendan Batchelor providing play-by-play alongside analyst and former NHL goaltender Corey Hirsch.

Preseason coverage delivers five games on Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet Pacific, and seven games broadcast live on Sportsnet 650 radio.

A complete broadcast schedule of Sportsnet's exclusive coverage for the 2019.20 season is available here. 

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I just ordered basic cable from shaw and it should include all SN and TSN channels.  

That will work for you if you are still living on the evil streets of White Rock.  But for those living outside of BC, having Sportsnet Pacific won't help them.  They will be subject to regional blackouts.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Depends on the carrier I guess but Shaw's basic cable will include all TSN/SN channels.  Ignore the price, I pay less than that by bundling.  It's like $35 a month, which works out cheaper than just ordering SN/TSN manually plus no contracts.  #$%^ Telus, all day err'day.

image.thumb.png.2b1cb571e66396c7485cec923b83bb3e.png

5 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

I know I could just google it but what's the scoop on the pricing on that?

There have been a few deals and I think I'm on a good deal right now, but I think standard pricing is around $20 a month. If you want their premium service (SN Now+) with all sorts of other unique sports and other shows, it's $28/month. Their SN Now+ service also comes in an annual price that works out to $20.83/month. 

The basic package offers almost as much as the SN Now+ package, so I'd recommend just the standard deal unless you think you'll actually watch the SN Now+ stuff.

The link to the pricing: https://secure.snnow.ca/pricing

49 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I have SNNow and am quite happy with my decision. Cheaper than cable and I don't care for any television outside of hockey. 

Same here. Sportsnet Now for NHL season and TSN Go for a month, starting around Christmas. Never had a problem with connections, I use Chromecast straight from my PC or phone. 

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I have SNNow and am quite happy with my decision. Cheaper than cable and I don't care for any television outside of hockey. 

Do you get to watch a lot of different games? Like from other teams? For 20-23 a month that'd be pretty good for me. I only ever watch tv for sports, mostly hockey at this point.

21 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Do you get to watch a lot of different games? Like from other teams? For 20-23 a month that'd be pretty good for me. I only ever watch tv for sports, mostly hockey at this point.

I only ever tune into Canuck games, but I think you see other Canadian teams too. Don't think you see many American-only NHL games. Mostly, you're restricted to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Leafs games I think, but you do get all HNIC games and all playoff games.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

With SNnow+ you get all SN content plus a bunch of random soccer, rugby, cricket channels not on cable.

If the Canucks aren't playing and you want to watch a jets game, you can, but with the basic SNnow you only get SNP and SNone.

Get SNnow+ if you want to watch other Canadian teams.

Edited by luckylager

Sportnet is trash. Glad I canceled my cable. 

Would have never canceled if Don Taylor and regional coverage was still around. 

Will be watching as many games as possible on the opposing teams feeds. It's a god damn disgrace that dumpsters like Florida, Detroit, Pitts, Anaheim, etc get way better hockey coverage than us deserving Canadians but whatever. 

Really enjoy the Fox sportsnet games, they always do a solid half hour pregame and half hour post game. It's much better than hearing about the leafs and this disgraceful Canadian broadcasting conglomerate. 

Can't wait till the day Rogers loses the NHL contract. :sick:

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

Sportnet is trash. Glad I canceled my cable. 

Would have never canceled if Don Taylor and regional coverage was still around. 

Will be watching as many games as possible on the opposing teams feeds. It's a god damn disgrace that dumpsters like Florida, Detroit, Pitts, Anaheim, etc get way better hockey coverage than us deserving Canadians but whatever. 

Really enjoy the Fox sportsnet games, they always do a solid half hour pregame and half hour post game. It's much better than hearing about the leafs and this disgraceful Canadian broadcasting conglomerate. 

Can't wait till the day Rogers loses the NHL contract. :sick:

Good old pre game with Taylor and Valk was good stuff....now we have to listen about the Laffs up until puck drop it is very disappointing.

How do you watch Canucks games not on cable or not with SN Now?

• Like 2