The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks and Sportsnet Announce 2019-20 Broadcast Schedule

Rate this topic

hwy19man

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I only ever tune into Canuck games, but I think you see other Canadian teams too. Don't think you see many American-only NHL games. Mostly, you're restricted to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Leafs games I think, but you do get all HNIC games and all playoff games.

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

With SNnow+ you get all SN content plus a bunch of random soccer, rugby, cricket channels not on cable.

If the Canucks aren't playing and you want to watch a jets game, you can, but with the basic SNnow you only get SNP and SNone.

Get SNnow+ if you want to watch other Canadian teams.

Sweet, thanks for the info friends. All the Canadian games is still pretty good. Sucks when I have a hockey fix and the games on tv are blacked out. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I have SNNow and am quite happy with my decision. Cheaper than cable and I don't care for any television outside of hockey. 

Do you have a firestick or are you able to download the app to your tv?

That would be much cheaper than what im paying for cable rn. It just sits there, rotting...

Edited by Johnny Torts

8 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Do you have a firestick or are you able to download the app to your tv?

That would be much cheaper than what im paying for cable rn. It just sits there, rotting...

I watch on my computer monitor. My friend also has it and he uses Chromecast and casts it to his TV that way. I'm not familiar with modern TVs, so I'm not sure if the app/website could somehow work right on the TV--I've only used phones and computers with it.

Just now, -AJ- said:

I watch on my computer monitor. My friend also has it and he uses Chromecast and casts it to his TV that way. I'm not familiar with modern TVs, so I'm not sure if the app could somehow work right on the TV--I've only used phones and computers with it.

If you pick up an amazon fire stick, you plug that into your hdmi port in your tv, you can download the app ( through the amazon fire stick ) and watch it right on your tv!  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Sweet, thanks for the info friends. All the Canadian games is still pretty good. Sucks when I have a hockey fix and the games on tv are blacked out. 

Not all. The Sens and Habs have different regional providers, but you'll get a few of their road games randomly from SN's US channels and most of their weekend games.

Seems like there's always a Jets or Coilers game to watch if no Canucks. 

Oh, you also get replays for 24hrs. You can watch road games at 7:00!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

If you pick up an amazon fire stick, you plug that into your hdmi port in your tv, you can download the app ( through the amazon fire stick ) and watch it right on your tv!  

I use a Chromecast into my TV. Same deal.

Kicks ass.

Control replays, slow mo from your phone onto your TV. Pretty wicked

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

There have been a few deals and I think I'm on a good deal right now, but I think standard pricing is around $20 a month. If you want their premium service (SN Now+) with all sorts of other unique sports and other shows, it's $28/month. Their SN Now+ service also comes in an annual price that works out to $20.83/month. 

The basic package offers almost as much as the SN Now+ package, so I'd recommend just the standard deal unless you think you'll actually watch the SN Now+ stuff.

The link to the pricing: https://secure.snnow.ca/pricing

Thanks boss that's not a bad deal at all

• Cheers 1

Does anyone know if SN is planning on showing any games in 4K? Seems like all Leaf home games are now in 4K, as are lots of Jets and Senators games. I am hoping that the Canucks start to demand this of their broadcast partners and have 4K cameras regularly in the rink.

SportsNet is  a P.o.s. network to be broadcasting Canucks on several different channels to force people to pay more to get all the games. 

Nonetheless, I pay what I pay because I am a lifelong Canucks fan and can't stand to miss them.

14 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

I live in Alberta and don't get even half the games on tv thanks to the regional blackouts. Thank the lords for online streaming websites. 

Me too! I get the Gamecenter streaming service and watch it through my Apple TV and I am so thankful for that service. The only time it sucks is when they play the Oilers and Flames. Then I have to listen to their crappy play by play guys.

Edited by theunspokentruth
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DogOnABoneHorvat said:

I think that it's kind of funny that the majority of the games on Sportsnet ONE are all in the first month.  They're probably trying to get people to panic and order the Sportsnet App when almost all the games will actually be on Pacific.  Pretty clever guys!

The reason for the majority of October games being on Sportsnet One is because of the baseball playoffs. The baseball games are shown on the main Sportsnet channel.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:52 PM, Dombrova22 said:

I live in Alberta and don't get even half the games on tv thanks to the regional blackouts. Thank the lords for online streaming websites. 

The reason there's so many regional games is where the revenue goes. Revenue from national broadcasts goes to the NHL and is shared by all the teams. Regional broadcast revenue goes directly to the team that signed the deal. Might be a pain for out of province viewers but it means more revenue for the team.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, Dombrova22 said:

Me too but I can't watch hockey on that trash. Too inconsistent unless it's really been improved over the years. If it looks like NHL's game centre live package then I'd do it but most streaming websites look too pixelated for hockey. 

23 hours ago, bb1234 said:

Does anyone know if SN is planning on showing any games in 4K? Seems like all Leaf home games are now in 4K, as are lots of Jets and Senators games. I am hoping that the Canucks start to demand this of their broadcast partners and have 4K cameras regularly in the rink.

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been done yet. If hockey really wanted to gain on the competition, it'd help new viewers see the puck a bit easier and get into the game. It's super easy to follow the puck when you've been watching the game for decades but I see a lot of casuals ask the question, "How do you know where the puck is?" all of the time. 

Vancouver Canucks
36 national games and 46 regional games

This is an increase of two national games from last season.

20/21 Saturday games, 16 are HNIC games with most of them to be on the CBC. The other four are morning and matinee games and will be on Sportsnet. The one regional game, Canucks at Islanders, will be on Sportsnet Pacific.

5/10 Wednesday games, four on Sportsnet and one on SN360 and Sportsnet One.The five regional games will be on SN Pacific.

6/11 Sunday games with five games on Sportsnet and one on Sportnset One. The remaining five are regional games and will be on SN Pacific (three matinees and two evening games).

The other five national games:
two Tuesday games, one on SN1 and one on SN360
two Thursday games, one on SN1 and one on SN360
one Friday game on SN1