The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Goldobin, 1 year/900k

HerrDrFunk

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

That sounds logical? (It does.) My take suggests Yamamoto will spend more time developing.He almost stuck with the Oilers his draft year.  Crisis averted, they did not toss him in too soon, as they had others.

Benson, however, in particular has already played very well at the AHL level. He looks a very reasonable bet to make the Oilers, and play an important role.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/154220/tyler-benson  

I was hoping that the Canucks would take Benson with the 33 OA in 2016.  Unfortunately, they spent that pick on Gudbranson.  The Oilers ended up taking Benson at 32 OA anyways.  If he was healthy, he could easily have been a top 10 pick.

25 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Pearson Horvat Boeser - even deployment 

Ferland Pettersson Goldobin - offensive deployment 

Beartschi Miller Leivo - even deployment 

Beagle Sutter Virtanen - defensive deployment

Edler Stecher - even deployment

Hughes Myers - offensive deployment 

Benn Tanev - defensive deployment

Interesting line-up.  Not sure Miller will like signing the contract to be on the third line and I'm not a fan of that third line.  Tough also to separate Boeser and Pettersson (but not unthinkable).  I think the starting line-up will be more likely:

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

The rest in and out of the fourth line with Virtanen, Goldy, Baertschi and Leivo all having some time on the top 6 at some point with injuries, line swapping, etc.  LE will be parked on the fourth line IMO.  Goldy is the question mark but he won't be gifted a top 9 position unless they are able to form 3 offensive lines (which is possible now).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Interesting line-up.  Not sure Miller will like signing the contract to be on the third line and I'm not a fan of that third line.  Tough also to separate Boeser and Pettersson (but not unthinkable).  I think the starting line-up will be more likely:

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

The rest in and out of the fourth line with Virtanen, Goldy, Baertschi and Leivo all having some time on the top 6 at some point with injuries, line swapping, etc.  LE will be parked on the fourth line IMO.  Goldy is the question mark but he won't be gifted a top 9 position unless they are able to form 3 offensive lines (which is possible now).

Yeah I think that is closer.  I’m thinking it would look like:

Ferland Pettersson Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Miller

Pearson Sutter Goldobin

Leivo Beagle Virtanen

Motte

i also think they need to move Sutter if they can boost his value a bit and inject Gaudette:

Pearson Gaudette Goldobin

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I was hoping that the Canucks would take Benson with the 33 OA in 2016.  Unfortunately, they spent that pick on Gudbranson.  The Oilers ended up taking Benson at 32 OA anyways.  If he was healthy, he could easily have been a top 10 pick.

LOL. and I was pro the Guddy acquisition, when it happened.

With the aid of hindsight, would rethink the Baertschi deal I supported as well as well.  >>> Rasmus Andersson 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

not that it was the plan, but I think we'll be better off with Hoglander on LW. Sometimes you need to be lucky. 

• -SN- locked this topic