The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Goldobin, 1 year/900k

HerrDrFunk

I’m happy, I’m on team Goldie.

but

i see Goldobin as a good season player and could be a good top 6 in the regular season. I don’t see him as a playoff top 6 forward. But if he worked his ass off and got good at being defensively sound and a bit of a mucker, Goldie could be useful playoff time on a 3rd line as the playmaker of the line. Plus any 3rd line scoring would be so useful and he would develop hugely as a 3rd liner in the playoffs.

anywho I wish Goldobin a great season on the Canucks.

go Canucks Goo

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

For Goldy to be successful he NEEDS to be in the top 6 and allowed to simply be the offensive threat, much like Seminary's was in his first 3-4 years and then sell high on him when he's looking like a .75 ppg player on Pettersons wing.

I know I know, 2 way game et al.  But if Goldobin is top 6 or bust and we don't see a fit for him long term it might not be the worst idea to showcase the hell out of him and sell as high as possible

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Goldie wanted Arb rights. Looks like he is going to get them! good for him and a good deal for us imo. (at least in the short term)

Arb rights aren't worth much unless you have some ammo to bring to the table.  Hopefully his new agent has set him straight, somehow more than even Larionov was able to do.

He'll likely stick around as the 13th forward with the inevitable injuries out of camp, but that crunch is coming with Roussel on the way.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

After boeser there’s going to be 16 forwards on contract something gotta happen unless loui and schaller go straight to Utica 

I'm confused at how so many seem confused by this. Yes, SOMETHING is going to happen, including likely a couple vets getting waived. How is this not already understood...?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

I wouldn't mind Goldy getting some additional playing time on the first line (if he has put in the work this summer):

Goldy EP40 Boeser 

Pearson Bo Miller

Ferland Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Eriksson

Baer/Motte

Roussel IR

he will not be on the 1st line, ferland will be .....guaranteed , and i feel hes used up all his chances, but guess we will see

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm confused at how so many seem confused by this. Yes, SOMETHING is going to happen, including likely a couple vets getting waived. How is this not already understood...?

Agreed!  Schaller is basically a 99% chance of being waived with our new forward group, and there is a 99% chance somebody gets injured.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Which would also allow more funds to pay for Boeser. 

with Roussel on the IR, Schaller getting waived and Loui as well there's enough room for Brock. Biega probably waived to Utica as well, so they might even run with 7 d to begin the year to save some cap space too. 

13 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Arb rights aren't worth much unless you have some ammo to bring to the table. 

Exactly.

You want arbitration, you better produce in order to take some stats into your arbitration meeting. 

This could potentially be very good for us if Goldy is motivated to cash in on a good year. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

with Roussel on the IR, Schaller getting waived and Loui as well there's enough room for Brock. Biega probably waived to Utica as well, so they might even run with 7 d to begin the year to save some cap space too. 

There's no real need for this. In fact it's likely counter to helping with Roussel's IR (assuming he fits).