The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes re-sign Clayton Keller

52 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

This looks good for us with Boeser. 

Keller had 14 goals in 82 games last year. Not comparable anymore at all. This is not good for us IMO. Boeser's camp will look at this and demand alot more for sure . 

Edited by cuporbust

15 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Keller had 14 goals in 82 games last year. Not comparable anymore at all. This is not good for us IMO. Boeser's camp will look at this and demand alot more for sure . 

He has more points than Boeser in the last two years (by one, but still) and hasn’t missed a game in that time. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, cuporbust said:

This is exactly why I said they should sign Boeser before they give his camp more comparables like this .

Yeah I’ve always been in the camp that thinks Boeser is worth 7.... This contract makes him worth 8-9 imho (which is too high). We’ll see what happens I guess. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The 5th Line said:

This just means boesers ppg is better, therefore worth more.  This isn't good for the Boeser contract

Who cares about PPG if Boeser isn’t in the lineup. Keller lead his team in scoring too. There’s every reason to think he’d match or exceed Boeser in PPG if he was in the same scenario. 

• Upvote 1

This contract will serve as a comparable for the Boeser negotiations. Both roughly the same age and similar production. 

The team will argue that Boeser has never played a full season and never produced 65 or more points. Health may be an issue.

The agent will argue that Boeser is now healthy and able to continue a higher point per game ratio.

Bottom line, he will be signed somewhere around 7M for 5 to 8 years.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

BRING BACK THE
BRIDGE CONTRACT

Too many teams got burned by bridge contracts and they've learned it's better to sign long term deals while a player is young. 

With the cap going up each year, bridge contracts are a bad idea. 

Keller's contract:

View image on Twitter

Edited by Duodenum

28 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Yeah I’ve always been in the camp that thinks Boeser is worth 7.... This contract makes him worth 8-9 imho (which is too high). We’ll see what happens I guess. 

Like I added , they had the Timo Myer and Aho deals before this . I literally tweeted a day before the keller signing that waiting would possibly backfire 

Edited by cuporbust

8 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

So would this put Brock at around 8.5?

Why?

At most it likely puts him at $7.5m +/-. And then, only on an EIGHT year deal.

Rumours were that Boeser's agent was asking for +/- $7m on a 4-5 year deal. 

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 3