The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah we can thank our good pay Roberto for this one.

Why he didnt opt to to do a tour on Hossa/Pronger/Datsyuk island is beyond me.

yess, hes the most overated goalie in canucks history

why didnt just trade him back to van and then go on LTIR

this sucka wanted to screw our team over. 3m in dead cap space like damn the league doesnt see this bs

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Travis Green on Sportsnet 650:

"I have no doubt we're going to be a better team this year. Our goal should be to make the playoffs -- you want your expectations to be at a standard that are achievable and your goals to be high enough that you can reach them. I think we have both."

"The competitive nature of your group can really drive internally and young players can feed off that. To win in the NHL, you've gotta have a strong desire/will to win. I think we've got individuals in our room that will lead the way in that area."

"We've got special young players that talent on the ice but also off the ice. Some of our young guys came in, Quinn/Petey, their scores on the bike test have been phenomenal. I'm really impressed with the shape they're in -- you want all your players to do that."

"Some are a bit different, some don't come in the way you want them to. For the majority, our veterans are in phenomenal shape and our young guys are following suit."

"The start is important. That's no secret in any league. When we talked to our players at season end, we have a high expectation of coming into camp in great shape. There's no excuses when you don't make the playoffs, you've got a long time to get your bodies healed and ready."

prob eriksson

I know some people want to place Miller at center to replace Sutter's enemic offense....but set your players up for success not failure.  Miller can play center, but it should be spot duty if we have an injury or short a center for a short period of time in a game.  But he shouldn't be penciled in as a regular center.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Yeah we can thank our good pay Roberto for this one.

Why he didnt opt to to do a tour on Hossa/Pronger/Datsyuk island is beyond me.

He didn't go on long term because that would have hosed the team he played the longest for, the Florida Panthers.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Some straight out of left field. Who is Will Warm?! 

Hell, I'm just excited for Canucks news.

He is from West Vancouver.  Cheap body for camp no travel required.  Seabus ticket and taxi.

image.png.d74afb7e3523ebeadd131c2111949bcb.png

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Elias Pettersson:

"I'm excited to be here and can't wait to get going. I wanted to get stronger and faster this summer because every game I want to play my best hockey."

Bo Horvat:

"That's something I thrive on and that helps me take my game to the next level. If I get the opportunity to play against top lines this year, I'm going to do it to the best of my ability."

Alexander Edler:

"I'm very happy to be back here. I'm excited for the next two years, a lot of things have changed here. We have a lot of new, young players and we're going to be good. We're on the way up again, so it should be an exciting year."

JT Miller:

"This is a well-rounded team, with good leadership. There's a lot of young talent here and I'm very excited to get everything going here. Whoever I end up playing with, I'll make the most of that opportunity."

Brandon Sutter:

"Our team is deeper in general, we have 14, 15, 16 guys who can play up front and produce. For myself, I don't know who I'll be playing with, but I'll help out where I can. It's a good mix of guys."

Micheal Ferland:

"We'll have a team with four lines full of guys that can play. We have a good mix here and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm coming in to be physical and make room for my linemates."

Jordie Benn:

"This was my favourite team growing up and with training camp being in Victoria, this is very special. We have some stability on the backend, so we just have to connect and hopefully we can do some special things."

Troy Stecher:

"I've had to come in and prove myself every camp I've ever been to. I'm prepared to do that again. I had a great summer and I'm ready to make the most of this opportunity. I want to win games and I want to win the Stanley Cup."

Josh Leivo:

"We've got a lot of wingers coming in, so it's going to be a competitive camp. I'm ready to work."

That Ferland comment made me go.

giphy.gif

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1