The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

THE CANUCKS WILL FIND OUT WHEN THE GET TO VICTORIA...they will see how passionate fans are here on the island...they know  and like their hockey...just the scrimmages and drill sessions there'll upwards of 7000 fans watching....the only thing canucks need to do is show it again on the ice and fans will come......i really think they need to change this hockey style and make the game more exciting for the fans...too much structure and business type in the nhl...let the kids play...

In 2010/11, the Canucks had Raymond, Ballard, Alberts, Rome and Glass, and went all the way to Game 7 of the SCF.

There could be some fun comparables from that roster:

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Horvat

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Samuelsson - Baertschi

Burrows - Miller

Torres - Ferland

Hamhuis - Juolevi

Salo - Myers

Bieksa - Benn

Edler - himself

Tanev - himself

Hansen - Roussel

Luongo/Schneider - Markstrom/Demko

And not even mentioned: Pearson, Leivo, Virtanen, Beagle, Goldobin, Sutter, Gaudette, MacEwen, Stecher and possibly Tryamkin (for the playoffs).

I'm feeling very optimistic this year, no hesitation, let's go for it!!!

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

In 2010/11, the Canucks had Raymond, Ballard, Alberts, Rome and Glass, and went all the way to Game 7 of the SCF.

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Horvat

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Samuelsson - Baertschi

Burrows - Miller

Torres - Ferland

Hamhuis - Juolevi

Salo - Myers

Bieksa - Benn

Edler - himself

Tanev - himself

Hansen - Roussel

And not even mentioned: Pearson, Leivo, Virtanen, Beagle, Goldobin, Sutter, Gaudette, MacEwen, Stecher and possibly Tryamkin (for the playoffs).

Haha maybe Stecher should be Hamhuis' comparable?  He's big minute too and Olli hasn't even played a minute in the league
Decent list otherwise, just hope the goal-tending holds up

23 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nice!  I like this guy.  He has a certain "Je ne sais quoi" about him.  Well OK I do know what it is, it's his feistiness without being bitter and unpleasant.  It's his "never say die" attitude.  He puts in a big effort every shift with a big smile on his face.  He brings a certain kind of positive gritty attitude with him that is contagious.  He gives off the impression that he would do anything to support a teammate.  We can never have enough guys like that; that's what wins championships (and thanks to Jim it seems like we have a bushel of them already).  I can hardly wait until the season starts and even though it looks like it will start without Roussel, he will be a welcome addition when he's ready.  Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Horvat

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Samuelsson - Baertschi

Burrows - Miller

Torres - Ferland

Hamhuis - Juolevi

Salo - Myers

Bieksa - Benn

Edler - himself

Tanev - himself

Hansen - Roussel

We're missing a Malholtra ☹️