The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 hours ago, Disgruntler said:

We're missing a Malholtra ☹️

The names could be moved around but the depth is comparable on the bottom end. Feeling i'm missing someone....

Just need 2-3 years to develop for Petey, Brock and Hughes

Malholtra- Beagle

Lapierre- Sutter

Raymond- Virtanen

Glass- Motte

Higgins- Lievo

Ballard- Biega/ Stecher?  

10 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

The names could be moved around but the depth is comparable on the bottom end. Feeling i'm missing someone....

Just need 2-3 years to develop for Petey, Brock and Hughes

Malholtra- Beagle

Lapierre- Sutter

Raymond- Virtanen

Glass- Motte

Higgins- Lievo

Ballard- Biega/ Stecher?  

Your comparables arent very comparable.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Your comparables arent very comparable.

Just going with the players left from the previous list.

The players may not be the same but the depth is what I was comparing.

Obviously Sutter and Lapierre are different players but that's where they sit in the lineup.The Beagle / Malholtra comparable is good IMO.

In the end I believe our bottom depth is as good as 2011... just need our young stars to get a couple years under their belts and some playoff experience.

Travis Green on Brock Boeser:

"From a coaches standpoint, I want our players to do well and make as much money they can make. But I also want them in camp -- we miss Brock, I want him here. I think training camp is really important. Missing the time is hard. Hard to simulate camp/games. We want him here but he's not here. Camp goes -- we'll adjust, change lines and that's just part of it."

• Cheers 1

Jim Benning on Antoine Roussel:

"Antoine is going through his rehab from his knee surgery, he's back on the ice skating. I think he's a couple months away from actually playing a game but good news is he's back on the ice skating, he'll continue to rehab and when he's ready to play, he'll be in the lineup."

• Cheers 1

Travis Green on Loui Eriksson:

"I heard what Loui said yesterday and him feeling that way, I understand it. I don't think Loui is a person/player that is going to go out of his way to make a rift between player/coach. It did cause a big story over here and I heard about it a lot. I'm not going to comment on what he and I talked about but we have talked. He seems to be in a good frame of mind and he's ready to go into camp."

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Travis Green on captaincy:

"After Hank retired, I didn't think we were ready to have a captain especially when such a prominent one left. I like the leadership group in our room especially with the new players we've added. Being a captain for an NHL team is a big honour, big decision. It's nothing that you need to rush into. You need to make sure you make the right decision. We don't have to decide today."

Travis Green on scoring:

"We're better equipped to score more goals. To score in the NHL it's not just on the forwards, there's a lot that goes into it. We've got to score more if we want to improve but we have to defend better as well, they're both connected."

• Cheers 1

Travis Green on Jake Virtanen:

"Jake is a young guy, all our young guys need to improve. Part of that improvement starts over the summer. Working on your shot/skating/conditioning. Coming into camp in great shape -- consistency. That's a big word for young players, coming into camp ready to go is part of being consistent in the season."

• Cheers 1

Jim Benning on scoring:

"Travis talks a lot about having 3 lines that contribute scoring. Additions we made this summer, we have more depth. For us, we didn't get to the net -- we weren't big and strong enough to get to the net. Ferland and Miller are bigger body guys that will get to the net. We talked to our analytics people and watched video, we need to score more "dirty" goals this year. Deflections, rebounds goals. By adding some guys with size/strength that can get to the net, other part is defencemen that can shoot the puck and get pucks through."

• Cheers 1