The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo comments on captaincy again..

Rate this topic

Rush17

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

This is the like the fourth time he's talked about the captaincy in the last two years. First his dad came out saying he would be a great captain in Vancouver and here is another comment from Bo himself.

Personally I find this distasteful and extremely gross. If you are meant to be captain you shouldn't have to publically lobby for it. It is an honour given and him even expecting his name in the conversation bugs me. 

I think he should stop talking on the matter. Let things play out. Does this bother anyone else?

I can't speak to the other references you made, but in this context, he's obviously answering a direct question. 

I agree in a sense, though. I don't like the way that bo was annointed captain the day he was drafted. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

It sounds like I was missing the context of the statement.  I haven't been a fan of his desire for the captaincy in the past. Clearly my bias towards him being captain is bleeding through here. 

I haven't been a fan of his past comments which were not all questions. 

• Wat 9
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

It sounds like I was missing the context of the statement.  I haven't been a fan of his desire for the captaincy in the past. Clearly my bias towards him being captain is bleeding through here. 

I haven't been a fan of his past comments which were not all questions. 

I bet if you look back, they were probably all questions from local media who needed something to write / talk about.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Your take on it is gross and disgusting.  I cant believe you are bothered by his name being mentioned alongside the word captain.

He is being asked about it because we are now another year without one and he is the most favourable candidate for it. He is great in pre and post game interviews, he leads with his work ethic on ice. He is very down to earth and has a great attitude and hey guess what HE WANTS TO BE PART OF THIS TEAM THAT BAD. He WANTS to be our leader

Lol thank you... love me some Bo lead by example style of play. Calm, Composed, Good Canadian Kid.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

This is the like the fourth time he's talked about the captaincy in the last two years. First his dad came out saying he would be a great captain in Vancouver and here is another comment from Bo himself.

Personally I find this distasteful and extremely gross. If you are meant to be captain you shouldn't have to publically lobby for it. It is an honour given and him even expecting his name in the conversation bugs me. 

I think he should stop talking on the matter. Let things play out. Does this bother anyone else?

How many times has both Tavares and AM been asked about taking the C in TO? Like over 100 I bet ...does that make them terrible leaders or something?  And if your Dad is asked the question what’s he supposed to say?  He’s terrible?  Wow this is trolling.  Optics have named him captain for two years now as H Sedins successor - there really is little not to like about it as a fan. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I am good with waiting it out. The last couple of Captains it seems it was thrown on them when I am not sure they were the right choices. I would really like to see who stands out in a couple of playoff games to see who really stands out. That and our young guys are still developing. No real hurry at this point other then the team wanting a bit of publicity for their 50th year celebrations.