The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toes gives Bo the nod on captaincy

Rate this topic

Canckelhead

56 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

And that's where the writer reached. As I said, the compliments he gave are suited for a captain (and I think Bo should be captain), but Toews said nothing that should be led that he's giving any nod to the idea that he should be captain. The writer made that leap himself. Toews simply complimented his game. Just giving recognition to a guy that might not be praised as much simply due to the sexy stats like goals and assists.

I said a while ago lets agree to disagree but since you continue.. 

To me, admiration from a long standing, cup winning captain = nod that Bo should be captain. 

I get that you disagree, no need to keep repeating ourselves :)

Have a great weekend!! 

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I think he shouldn't put his nose in our business. That's not his decision. That's on management and the coaching staff. Honestly this comes across as distasteful and extremely gross.

And the nerve of Toews's dad coming out and lobbying for Horvat to be captain... disgusting. Doesn't he know the captain goes to the most skilled player, every time? 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I think he shouldn't put his nose in our business. That's not his decision. That's on management and the coaching staff. Honestly this comes across as distasteful and extremely gross.

Go read the article (again if your haven’t), he was just saying soon good things about Horvat and EP....how does that come across as distasteful and extremely gross?  Even if he actually said the words Captain which he did not - it actually wasn’t bad - Except for the click-bait title ...

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Go read the article (again if your haven’t), he was just saying soon good things about Horvat and EP....how does that come across as distasteful and extremely gross?  Even if he actually said the words Captain which he did not - it actually wasn’t bad - Except for the click-bait title ...

Yeah I read the article after I made the post, shame it was just a compliment on how Bo plays. Thread and the article bamboozled me but the joke was too funny for me to edit my comment T_T

Did miss something in there? I don't see where "Toes" gave Bo the nod on captaincy. The writer basically says management should take notice of "Toes" praising Horvat's play and make him captain. Nowhere in there is "Toes" quoted saying anything about the Canucks captaincy. The writer gave Horvat the nod on captaincy not "Toes".

toes.gif.e21a27ee8d3a307bc5c780962826b73e.gif

• Haha 2