The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bailey | #95 | RW

Crabcakes

On 3/31/2021 at 2:13 PM, Dannydog said:

With a successful shoulder surgery now, does it normally come with problems in the future?

It can. When I was still playing and dislocated my shoulder, my doctor wanted to do rotator cuff surgery. We had a number of guys on the team who had had it, and their shoulder seemed to always be popping out. I opted for a chiropractor in Langley, who specialized in dealing with dislocations- I have to say he did a great job - I got back full mobility and no problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, Canucklehead53 said:

At the baby nucks game tonight...Bailey stood out. 

Good on pk 

Hard on the puck 

Not backing down 

Little too relaxed and coasting a couple times but overall a strong showing 

If Bailey plays like he did against the Wild, I don't think hes going to be coming out of the lineup. His speed is very noticeable out there, def looked good in the PK.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I knew Bailey PKed in Abby but I was surprised to see him on the PK in his first NHL game in a while - guess I shouldn't have been considering the Nuck's depth right now.

I thought he did well and made an impressionable blocked shot. If he continues like that, I could see Dowling being waived over him when he's back. Kind of hoping that will be the case.

Justin Bailey is an interesting case. He is still youngish at 26 but looking at his attributes and past performance (6'4, great skater, 29 goals avg per/80 games in the AHL) he hasn't really had that long of a look in the NHL despite earning several call ups. Since coming into our system he has seen a leap in production with 31 goals in only 56 games and playing well on both ends. I am excited for this guy to get one last shot as I think he could still become a player. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Teemu Selänne said:

For sure. Becoming a NHLer depends so much on timing, with COVID and his injuries he's running against the clock, but he looks like he has a lot of the tools to be a NHLer. His speed and his - potential - PK abilities give him a bigger upside than Big Mac IMO.

And nifty hands for a big guy. - a couple  of seasons ago he was AHL player of the week after 3 hattricks in 4 games over 6 nights.  Full repertoire, too, iirc ..... a breakaway, a shortie, a slapper, couple of dekes, a tip in, rebound, etc.  Someone made a video of all 9, but might have been on Twitter, which I don't follow

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

From what coach Cull said of him  it made me think of Clark Gilles. Clark needed someone to cheap shot him to wake him up and then he went into full beast mode. Maybe that is what Bailey needsB)

Gilles was a big dude. 

On another point. Do you think the Canucks will get Jamie Huscroft out for an interview when they go to Seattle? He lives there. 
Haven’t seen him for years now.

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

I thought he did well on the PK too. If he can keep that side of things up no way he’s coming off the roster.

I love having a guy on the roster who has had to fight his way up. His mental toughness will be there. It is different for those who come to the NHL directly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I love having a guy on the roster who has had to fight his way up. His mental toughness will be there. It is different for those who come to the NHL directly. 

Good point, he’s not young anymore per say. But he has been knocking on the door for a while now. I remember he was a pretty big deal getting drafted by Buffalo being a home town kid for them. He never could crack the roster there, he was weak defensively. So to see him come from that to where he is now is a treat to watch. He has completely transformed himself. Going from one dimensional larger scoring forward to reliable hard skating pk guy…slow clap for this young man.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...