The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson playin it cool lol

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Loui E  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

Not sure if anything throwing out the hate on loui actually watched the video of the media scrum. I honestly have a lot of respect for him showing up and taking the interview. He knew the tough questions were going to be asked. He answered them directly and seemed genuine. He knows the situation isnt ideal but he's taking the high road. He's stating his commitment to the team and his support of Green. He reiterated multiple times that he thinks Green is a great coach and he feels they're on the same page. He said he's willing to play any role he's given. He's being very humble about a tough situation. I think we need to get off his back just a little. 

Quoting myself because I don't want this video to be lost as the last post of a page.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

I agree with part if this.  Louis is definitely frustrated.  He’s lost a step, his hands are gone, and his strength is diminishing.  He was asked, by a Swedish reporter, to justify why his offence dried up.  He defended himself, and his reputation.  

Loui will not make the team, and he will retire before the Canucks announce he’s being put on waivers to be sent down.  Clearly, from his answer to the Swedish reporter, his reputation (especially at home in Sweden) is very important to him.  He will not jeopardize that reputation anymore by the embarrassment of being sent to the minors.  He will retire before that happens.  

I hope you are right Alf.  I don't want him to make the team either.  But I just don't know if the organization has the balls to do it before the season starts.  Louie can turn it on...if he wants to. So I predict that with the added pressure of all the talk of sending him down, and the increase in competition for spots, and the pressure of reviving some degree of respect after all the criticism, ...that he'll "want to" for training camp and preseason. He won't be the best, but he could fight his way onto the third or fourth line.  And for the organization, they really don't want to give up on the money player before giving him one last shot. An active NHL player is also easier to move, especially if he's at least doing the little things.

2 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Not sure if anything throwing out the hate on loui actually watched the video of the media scrum. I honestly have a lot of respect for him showing up and taking the interview. He knew the tough questions were going to be asked. He answered them directly and seemed genuine. He knows the situation isnt ideal but he's taking the high road. He's stating his commitment to the team and his support of Green. He reiterated multiple times that he thinks Green is a great coach and he feels they're on the same page. He said he's willing to play any role he's given. He's being very humble about a tough situation. I think we need to get off his back just a little. 

I'll get off his back when he stops attempting to waste ice time that should be going to actual NHLers.  Until then, it's our responsibility as fans to drive this worthless bum out of town.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

During Media Day, Eriksson was asked a softball question about what it means having the new additions to the team. I would have liked to see them flush out his offseason comments or if he worked on anything to improve for this season. I guess they're giving the guy a break, but hardly the focus of media attacks as many would purport. 

18 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sports isn't for quitters. And he quit trying as soon as he got here.

Yeah almost.. I saw him play like a man possessed the very last game with the Sedin's, if suddenly he went back to that "every game" then he can stay but that's just not going to happen as much as we want him to... I heard he played a good game against the Bruins too for another game, so 2 excellent games playing the calibre of what he can do when he wants equals 18 mil over 3 yrs for 2 games.. lil steep no? Ok best case scenario he played a bit better and say 10 really good games.. the math still sucks! Grrrrr... Retire already!

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Watch Loui put up 20 goals this season. No one will be complaining then.

I'd bet on Virtanen or Leivo scoring 20 before him the way he's played. 

On 9/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, EdgarM said:

I agree with Loui this thing has been way "overblown". He starts on the third line this year and is depth for the top 6 with maybe the chance of being traded later in the year.

3rd line?? I'm thinking 4th line. :lol: He can kill penalties & that's his role. 

12 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

His best goal ever :lol:

I was at that season opener. LB Right behind our net, couldn't believe it as the puck went in. Lol

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 2:56 AM, Timråfan said:

If you hit you get distracted yourself... If you play smart you cover at least 2 players instead of hitting one. PK isn't all about hitting. 

Petey would get more out of the game if he hit less. 

Let the big or dirty guys hit and let the players skate. 

pfft  so that all he is good for then pk   lol     come on now   loui  just skates around  distracted already  he need to be more engaged in the game  get to the dirty areas to score