The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

mafia : da laZy game

Rate this topic

Zfetch

11 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

@luckylager have you been scum yet? If so, what was your game like? If not, what do you imagine you'd do differently if scum?

You always seem so townie and one day it's going to bite me in the bottom.

I was scum once. Deener, 112 and falc busted me R1 but I somehow managed to last another round or two after being exposed.

What I learned from the only time I was scum, not much I guess-

1)always login anon no matter your role

2)DM can't help but to try and defend scummates 

I really feel like you're trying to pocket me with your last sentence. There's no way you always see me as being "so townie" because you've taken me to task a few times and tried to pile $&!# on me.

Vote MR

28 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I was scum once. Deener, 112 and falc busted me R1 but I somehow managed to last another round or two after being exposed.

What I learned from the only time I was scum, not much I guess-

1)always login anon no matter your role

2)DM can't help but to try and defend scummates 

I really feel like you're trying to pocket me with your last sentence. There's no way you always see me as being "so townie" because you've taken me to task a few times and tried to pile $&!# on me.

Vote MR

Have I? I don't actually remember. If so, probably out of paranoia more than anything. Or I might have been scum. You always seem so light and breezy which is a towntell.

Come vote hoggers with me.

21 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Wagonomics taken independently, puts the chance of hogs being scum at about 5% and MR about 33% 

MR should self vote imo

If you're not too lazy, can you summarize wagonomics for me? I've seen it mentioned a lot but never figured it out.

A link would be fine too. I looked once, briefly

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

If you're not too lazy, can you summarize wagonomics for me? I've seen it mentioned a lot but never figured it out.

A link would be fine too. I looked once, briefly

Basically it is interpreting how the votes/voting patterns happen to determine  if someone is more likely scum or town. For instance if many people eagerly jump on a bandwagon to lynch someone without evidence they are scum there is a strong possibility that player is town because scum may be more likely to vote for a mislynch. 

The opposite will also often times be true if there is resistance to a certain vote that could indicate scum are not willing to vote that player.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Basically it is interpreting how the votes/voting patterns happen to determine  if someone is more likely scum or town. For instance if many people eagerly jump on a bandwagon to lynch someone without evidence they are scum there is a strong possibility that player is town because scum may be more likely to vote for a mislynch. 

The opposite will also often times be true if there is resistance to a certain vote that could indicate scum are not willing to vote that player.

I'm not sure how this can be applied without any history or proof of a players alignment.

Seems like wagonomics is useful R2 and forward, but I don't understand how you're applying it to this situation.

I'm not super smart though.

30 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm not sure how this can be applied without any history or proof of a players alignment.

Seems like wagonomics is useful R2 and forward, but I don't understand how you're applying it to this situation.

I'm not super smart though.

Wagonomics can be used anytime a vote is cast it just gets more informative the more votes there are/have been

• Cheers 1