The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jets re-sign Josh Morrissey

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

WPGs defence is still a mess tho. This deal doesn't effect this years cap, but if they resign both Laine and Connor there's nothing left to fix that defence outside of a major trade. 

I think one of those guys gets moved for a D man personally. Risto's available in BUF and they've done numerous deals before...just saying.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think one of those guys gets moved for a D man personally. Risto's available in BUF and they've done numerous deals before...just saying.

oh man, if they traded Connor for Risto that would be a disaster for them imo. So here's hoping.... 

• Haha 2

If they trade either it has to be Laine. More pure scoring and all that, but if I want to win I keep Connor and take advantage of any Laine hype there is left.

This Morrissey contract is great for the Jets, assuming they handle their cap effectively going forward.

Edited by Gäz
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Could just as easily be Laine... And I'm assuming BUF would need to add either way - 'Risto +...'

I just think WPG doesn't have the players to shield Risto, and he'd be even more exposed in the 'peg, and then they lose one of their key scorers too. Yikes. 

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

WPGs defence is still a mess tho. This deal doesn't effect this years cap, but if they resign both Laine and Connor there's nothing left to fix that defence outside of a major trade. 

I actually see Byfuglien on the way out first.  There's still some very quality prospects in the WPG back end and Florida has a bit of space and two people very familiar with Big Buff

• Upvote 1

I would think this is comparable to Brock. Different positions and ages but very comparable as worth for players. IE, in my opinion a Brock for Morrisey trade is a fair trade. Edit. Not saying I'd make this trade, but it would be a fair trade.

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I just think WPG doesn't have the players to shield Risto, and he'd be even more exposed in the 'peg, and then they lose one of their key scorers too. Yikes. 

WPG has the luxury of quite a few 'key scorers' in their forward group. I also doubt they'd be finished making moves for D and he'd be playing 2nd pair behind Buff (with FAR better two way forwards supporting him as well)... that's more 'shelter' than he's had at any point in BUF.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I actually see Byfuglien on the way out first.  There's still some very quality prospects in the WPG back end and Florida has a bit of space and two people very familiar with Big Buff

interesting idea, I could see this if WPG is out of the playoff picture this year. 

Great deal for the Jets, just signed their #1 dman long-term at an amazing price. 

Jets fans gonna love this, looks like GMs are winning the RFA war so far (except Dubas). 

Ehlers, Schiefele, Morrissey all on long-term 6 million per deals is great cap structuring. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Solid deal for the Jets, that's one less thing they need to worry about going forward. Morrissey's a good one. With salaries increasing that'll probably be a steal in a couple seasons. 

It's a steal immediately. Myers got 6 million per and he's well below Morrissey. 

• Upvote 2