The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson more comfortable entering second season with Canucks

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Pettersson  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

"I couldn't have been drafted to a better place. I love Vancouver."

This almost choked me up.

I'm thrilled that the Canucks have some great young players now, and news will spread that they are for real, soon. I hope a lot of NHL players read this from him, and maybe think to themselves "yeah, Vancouver, I want to go there and win with Pettersson".

• Upvote 4

In preparation for his second NHL season, Pettersson bulked up during the summer but still looks fragile at 6-foot-4 and 175 pounds. 

In his mind, though, he's not worried, so why should others?

I remember last year when I said no way he was 175 lbs and was closer to 160 lbs and people absolutely flipped out. Now he has bulked up and is 175 lbs. 

cb2-photo1-full.jpg

Edited by peaches5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

There's no way Pettersson is 6'4" unless he had the growth spurt of his life over the summer. I'm 6'5" and he was definitely 6'1"/6'2" at the start of last season.

Ya, do you think Hughes is really 5'10"? More like 5'9" and a bit rounded up. The NHL does that a lot, round up to a bigger number, Hughes may be the smallest dman in the league by a bit. Pettersson may have been 6'2" and grew a 1/2 inch, he may only be 6'3 1/4" but that makes 6'4".

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I remember last year when I said no way he was 175 lbs and was closer to 160 lbs and people absolutely flipped out. Now he has bulked up and is 175 lbs. 

cb2-photo1-full.jpg

Wait, I think I remember someone saying he drank a lot of water to lie about his weight to himself and other people.

*cough*

Just so you know, you don't drink 15 lbs of water to scale yourself up. That's not how it works. I doubt 175 is really his true weight.

Furthermore, 6'4 seems to be a lie. He probably put some rocks in his shoes before measurement to convince himself and others that he's really 6'4. /sarc

Edited by Dazzle
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

tryamkin1.jpg.be9d054d7b6bbca6bfa44e8457

He's a shoo-in.  Experienced too.  No wonder management is dragging their feet, they're waiting for him.  The only captain that can pat the tops of his team mate's helmets without hardly reaching up.

I think even Try would have a hard time reaching Myers' helmet. There's a long neck in the way.

• Haha 4