The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson more comfortable entering second season with Canucks

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Pettersson  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

Man that'd be unreal. Petey 39g 47a - book it!

More goals, less assists.. like 47 goals and 39 assists? Yeah thats better and breaks the canucks record for most game winning goals just for good measure! Wait.. no pressure right? Lol!

13 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Wait, I think I remember someone saying he drank a lot of water to lie about his weight to himself and other people.

*cough*

Just so you know, you don't drink 15 lbs of water to scale yourself up. That's not how it works. I doubt 175 is really his true weight.

Furthermore, 6'4 seems to be a lie. He probably put some rocks in his shoes before measurement to convince himself and others that he's really 6'4. /sarc

I never said he drank 15lbs of water nor did I say he was 160lbs. I said he was closer to 160lbs and I said something along the lines as someone who struggles to put on weight and is constantly being nagged at about weight could very well eat/drink before weigh-ins, or leading up to them, and that trainers roundup weigh-ins like they do with heights to make players seems like they're heavier than they are. There are many factors that could have led to Petterssons weight being listed far higher than it actually was. 

16 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Ya, do you think Hughes is really 5'10"? More like 5'9" and a bit rounded up. The NHL does that a lot, round up to a bigger number, Hughes may be the smallest dman in the league by a bit. Pettersson may have been 6'2" and grew a 1/2 inch, he may only be 6'3 1/4" but that makes 6'4".

Hughes at 5'10" is a comedy. I would be floored if he was 5'8". But honestly ask me if I care he's gonna kick butt. Just stay out of the corners!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

yah right.. if he's 6'4, exactly how tall is Myers? 

7 something! They all exaggerate about their height and weight. It starts when your 14 and doesn't stop.

Remember how "big" Shane O'Brien was? I met him once (as I am sure everyone did) not big at all.

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

7 something! They all exaggerate about their height and weight. It starts when your 14 and doesn't stop.

Remember how "big" Shane O'Brien was? I met him once (as I am sure everyone did) not big at all.

Fun fact: The Undertaker is also not actually 7 feet tall. He's 6'10".

19 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

No they always referred to him and Kane as "7 foot monsters"

I actually met Andre the Giant, he was all to the 7'4" they claimed. A lot of the other wrestlers are smaller than advertised though.

There is just no description about how big Andre's hands were though, just gigantic, easily put his hand ALL around your head. Don't think ever stopped growing, just alot slower later, his uncle was 7'11" or something like that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I actually met Andre the Giant, he was all to the 7'4" they claimed. A lot of the other wrestlers are smaller than advertised though.

There is just no description about how big Andre's hands were though, just gigantic, easily put his hand ALL around your head. Don't think ever stopped growing, just alot slower later, his uncle was 7'11" or something like that.

A wine bottle in his hand looked like a bottle of beer in a normal adult males...and he’d drink a case of wine an evening and think nothing of it.   He made 6’6” Hogan look like a smurf when they wrestled as a team before the wwf was started ... and after too of course.   He was immense and possibly one of the strongest men in the world when he was in shape (he was a bit trashed by the time wwf was formed).   He did a gig in France where 10 men from the crowd would get on one side of a rope, he’d tie a rope around his waste in the ring and they’d try and pull him across a line, he never lost.   His body mass was like two large wrestlers at the time just a monster, and freakishly strong.   

At his heavyiest he was rumoured to be around 600lbs...that’s half a foot taller then the undertaker and almost twice his body weight - the big show is the only guy that came close to his size but even he isn’t as thick.  He’d be a big guy at 6’0, it’s just the way he was built.  Big Show would have likely gotten there too but had a surgery to slow down his growth so he’d live longer...

Edited by IBatch