The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flyers re-sign Ivan Provorov

Different position but comparable value for Boeser.  I'd be perfectly fine with that contract.

I suspect everyone was holding out for Marner to set the standard and realized the idiot running the Leafs has no chance of signing him due to the terrible contracts he's already handed out.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Different position but comparable value for Boeser.  I'd be perfectly fine with that contract.

I suspect everyone was holding out for Marner to set the standard and realized the idiot running the Leafs has no chance of signing him due to the terrible contracts he's already handed out.

On 1040 Sekeres said Benning offered Boeser 6 years at $7 million per and it was rejected...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If Boeser won't sign something reasonable he can get 0 years at $0.

its not going to get to that. We can't get into a situation like the Nylander hold out, we don't have the cap space for that. Boeser isn't going to risk not playing this year and then if there's a lockout year he'd be 2 years with no dough. Thats not going to happen. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not going to get to that. We can't get into a situation like the Nylander hold out, we don't have the cap space for that. Boeser isn't going to risk not playing this year and then if there's a lockout year he'd be 2 years with no dough. Thats not going to happen. 

Exactly

They could be working out something like 2 year 5.5-6 with 4 mil in signing bonuses to guarantee him money if the case and then he can get his payday once Sutter and baertschi are off the books

1 minute ago, Wanless said:

Exactly

They could be working out something like 2 year 5.5-6 with 4 mil in signing bonuses to guarantee him money if the case and then he can get his payday once Sutter and baertschi are off the books

that would be a great solution.