The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flyers re-sign Ivan Provorov

Interesting info...…………..

SJ...………July 1st...…………..Timo Meier...…………...4 years @ 6.0 Million...………...30 goal / 36 assist = 66 pts

STL...…….July 13th...…………Jordan Binnington……..2 years @ 4.4 Million.................Just because he was a Calder finalist

Ott...……...Aug 21st...…………Colin White...…………...6 years @ 4.75 Million...……….14 goal / 27 assist = 41 pts

Arz………..Sept 4th...………….Clayton Keller...…….….8 years @ 7.15 Million...……….14 goal / 33 assist = 47 pts

CBJ...….....Sept 9th..................Zach Werenski...............3 years @ 5,00 Million...............11 goal / 33 assist = 44 pts

Min.............Sept 11th................Kevin Fiala.....................2 years @ 3.00 Million...............13 goal / 26 assist = 39 pts

Winn..........Sept 12th.................Josh Morrissey..............8 years @ 6.25 Million.................6 goal / 25 assist =  31 pts

Phi.............Sept 12th.................Ivan Provorov................6 years @ 6.75 Million.................7 goal / 19 assist =  26 pts

I don't think I miss any of the notable players coming off ELC's

So, someone said Brock was offered 7.00 Million per over ? and they turned it down.................?

I wonder what Brock is waiting for? 

If I am Benning........I am waiting for Marner, Point, Rantenan, Tkachuk, Laine and Konecny

McAvoy will sign for 5 years @ 6.25 million per

Here is who is left

image.thumb.png.118cde83a561c85fc23e33fd66eeba28.png

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But does this really have an effect on the Brock situation? 

Ya, if it isn’t an outlier and another context or two come in lower than reported.

It isn’t like an RFA arbitration where you formally look at comparables, it is just setting the stage for the general market conditions.  You can compare value in different positions.

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not going to get to that. We can't get into a situation like the Nylander hold out, we don't have the cap space for that. Boeser isn't going to risk not playing this year and then if there's a lockout year he'd be 2 years with no dough. Thats not going to happen. 

That or he and Marner can start their own team.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ya, if it isn’t an outlier and another context or two come in lower than reported.

It isn’t like an RFA arbitration where you formally look at comparables, it is just setting the stage for the general market conditions.  You can compare value in different positions.

I get what you are asking, but I think as I listed above......there are comparable's

I would think that Centers and Dmen, of equal ilk, should have greater value than wingers.............no slight to Brock

We are not talking about level entry players, but the top of the class..........1st line or pairing players

They do have some bearing on each other (I believe)

For example...........

Is Brock comparable to Marner?........................Personally, I don't think so

Is Brock comparable to Rantanen?....................closer, but, I don't think so............but it could be argued

Is Brock comparable to Konecny?.....................closer, but I think Brock is better

So, as these guys sign, I think it establishes a bench mark for negotiations............it does not pin it down

but it as it rules out comparable's like Fiala, who is obviously at a lower level

Personally, I am surprised with the defensemen that have signed, as I thought they would have more value.......it will not help McAvoy at all

The Bruins are hard ass negotiators......

Rantanen, did not help Brock, but it was so early in the process, I actually have a hard time understanding that one, as I do Keller, who I think is too high

So, in my opinion, yes I think it does influence the contracts 

Defenseman have yet to join the RFA overpayment trend which as a few have posted bodes well for us and QH later.

Personally Conner and Meir are the closest comparables to Boeser - one played on the first line with better players in WNP (Wheeler and Scheifele), the other had one good season last year in SJ is definitely solid.    There’s definitely enough available to get a deal done - at this point greed might  be a factor which is disheartening.  I doubt JB hasn’t given him a fair deal by now.  

Aside from Connor nobody is left that isn’t at a different level too.

Edited by IBatch

Boeser turning down 7 mill 6 yrs doesn't look good on him. 

This kid in Philly is their leading toi in D. Hes a stud D and signed 6 yrs under 7 mill. 

JB already went too high with 7 mill offer. He should have held on to that offer untill now. 

Don't go higher. Stick to 6 yrs 7 mill or let him sit. And JB has to get a UFA year out of Boeser. 

6 yrs 7 mill or sit. Final offer and stick to it. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Boeser turning down 7 mill 6 yrs doesn't look good on him. 

This kid in Philly is their leading toi in D. Hes a stud D and signed 6 yrs under 7 mill. 

JB already went too high with 7 mill offer. He should have held on to that offer untill now. 

Don't go higher. Stick to 6 yrs 7 mill or let him sit. And JB has to get a UFA year out of Boeser. 

6 yrs 7 mill or sit. Final offer and stick to it. 

I personally wouldn't even give him that now. That offer was for signing in July and you showing up ahead of camp, ready, with the rest of the players. Now you can have something like Ivan's contract here.

I personally like the aesthetics of a nice $6.66 X 6 for # 6 :lol:

• Upvote 1