The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Julius Honka requests trade

No real fit for us... he probably beats out Biega and Fantenberg for the last depth spot, but likely no higher.  He can't be waived so he is less valuable in that respect than some of the other depth guys who can move back and forth to Utica during the inevitable injuries.

2 hours ago, Per Her Son said:

Absolutely dominant in swifty, I'm sure Oldnews has the opposite opinion for some reason though.

:bigblush:

?

not sure about Oldnews, but this oldnews liked/likes Honka.   Things have changed obviously (Hughes, Woo, Stecher...)  but as a waiver eligible for waiver eligible hockey trade swap, I might be interested in him.  Given the relative wealth of forwards competing, I'd probably consider a Goldy/Honka hockey swap.  Throw in LE for Cogs and/or Comeau and let's get that done lol.

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Honka for Poolparty would actually make sense for both sides.

Honka and a 2nd. Maybe. In conference trades can be scary. Especially with someone with Puljujarvi’s potential. Imagine if Hall won the Hart as a member of Winnipeg or Colorado. Would amplify Edmonton’s ineptitude and how bad that trade was.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Honka and a 2nd. Maybe. In conference trades can be scary. Especially with someone with Puljujarvi’s potential. Imagine if Hall won the Hart as a member of Winnipeg or Colorado. Would amplify Edmonton’s ineptitude and how bad that trade was.

No one is going to give Edmonton a second though.  Even if he produces well enough in Finland to increase his trade value, the KHL is a real option.  This might be the best they're able to get.

Hall was a different situation because he hadn't demanded a trade to a legitimate NHL team, and he'd played well in Edmonton.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No one is going to give Edmonton a second though.  Even if he produces well enough in Finland to increase his trade value, the KHL is a real option.  This might be the best they're able to get.

Hall was a different situation because he hadn't demanded a trade to a legitimate NHL team, and he'd played well in Edmonton.

Then he isn't going anywhere. If you don't get a 2nd rounder at least for Puljujarvi you keep him.

And the point wasn't that Hall was traded by the way, but I know you are a tad slower than the rest so I won't bother explaining it again. 

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Then he isn't going anywhere. If you don't get a 2nd rounder at least for Puljujarvi you keep him.

And the point wasn't that Hall was traded by the way, but I know you are a tad slower than the rest so I won't bother explaining it again. 

Yakupov would be a closer example and they traded him in conference...

Not even going to address you embarrassing yourself with the ad homien fallcy.  You do you.

Edited by King Heffy

12 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

In before Eriksson and 3rd for Honka 50% retained

Well, if you think that Benning could get Dallas to retain on Honka's salary, then sure!

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

If we didn't have stecher on the roster or if we didnt sign Myers I think Goldy for Honka would have happened earlier this offseason.

A totally different way of looking at it, could we try something like this...

Tanev(50% retained) 2.3m cap hit

for

Honka- rfa

2021 2nd round pick

Canucks sign honka to a 2yr 1.9m deal (950k per)

Canucks save 1.4m or so against the cap and gain a future 2nd round pick. It leaves our D like this:

Hughes Myers

Edler Stecher

Benn Honka

Biega fantenberg